VI.

Amaru "Leo" Crooks. (IN MM)

I bypassed women and men not paying any mind to the attitudes they caught mad I had interrupted them.

"She had her brothers come down here wilding out. I'm suing if these doctors say something is wrong."

"Exactly what you get for being a womanizer." A few dudes surrounding Dakota looked me up and down but I paid them no mind. "Jackie bro's did it?"

"Yes, I think I'm blind."

"You can start off by opening your eyes."

"How you do that?" Not thinking twice, I popped him in his good eye making his bad eye snap open.

"Appreciate it. Y'all could've helped me instead of listening to me complain."

"It was more entertaining. We'll give y'all some privacy." They all went their own ways as I took a seat across from Dakota.

He looked pretty banged up. His eye wasn't the only thing messed up. Jackie's brothers put a knot upside his head, cut his hands since it was bandaged, and his eyebrow was bandaged as well.

That's exactly what he gets for always trying to be a player.

"Y'all still together?"

"You know we are. My baby just mad right now. She'll get over it."

"I bet. You get me any info on Demp?"

"What I told you about this shit? Let it go. You don't want to include yourself. He finna get murked."

"By who?" I smirked rubbing my goatee.

I might not even have to get my hands dirty.

"This dude named Soja. They're fighting over territory and it looks like Soja has the upper hand. He even offered you a job."

"You put my name out in these streets?" The vein in my head pulsated.

"Your girl Carmen did. She going around town opening her mouth."

"Can't stand bitter hoes." Just the thought of her spreading lies could have them know I'm coming.

And all this anger and revenge all because I don't want her. She is beautiful and thick. I'm sure anybody would take her.

Why me?

"Tell me what they know for exact."

"They both know for a fact Amarie is your mother. That's mostly why Demp is keeping her." He informed me.

"What is the purpose of- nah. I ain't doing it." I ended drug dealing a long time ago. It's not even worth stepping back into it if I'm my mom isn't sure of quitting drugs.

And he probably only wants me to fight in his war.

"He's been waiting for you. Only thing I can tell you is watch your back. Carmen is running around here and now Soja knows you know about Demp. You could work with him if you want."

"I don't want to work with either. You're not listening to me. I only want my mom safe."

"We can avoid all this by leaving your mom where she's at."

"This drug shit is my game. It's weak to make friends with an enemy of your enemy. I'm gonna keep at doing this myself. Appreciate the info, though." I slapped hands with Dakota before leaving.

I've got this.

"Where you at?"

"Don't worry about where I'm at. Where were you?"