XXXI.

Symphoni "Sym" Peterson. (IN MM)

"Are you sure you're okay in there?"

"I am. Can I please have some privacy?" I asked, trying to prevent myself from gagging but my body kept at it.

"I guess. Amaru is on his way."

"Okay then." Hearing my tone, Dion walked away mumbling things to herself.

I raised up from my knees beginning to brush my teeth. Today's my birthday and a photo shoot I've wanted to have.

It's just something about memories since my pregnancy was caught on when I was entering my second trimester.

"Open this door." Spitting out my toothpaste, I rinsed my mouth out with cold water grateful the nasty taste is gone.

My ovarian cyst thank God turned out to be in the process of going away when we checked it, so I'm perfectly fine now.

I opened the bathroom door to a frowning Amaru. Pulling him inside the bathroom with me, I shut and locked our door.

His arms went around my waist as he hugged me like he didn't want to let go.

"What's going on? You threw up?"

"Yeah. Something I ate earlier. It's nice to see you."

"You too. You look beautiful in your little photo shoot ensemble."

"Thanks. I feel a mess." Taking a seat beside me on the counter, I paid him no mind as he stared at me.

"Talk to me."

"I just feel so not like myself... this baby is really changing my body internally and all I'm able to do is deal with it. Get use to it. I threw up a few minutes ago because my food didn't taste like it used to. Does my body not know how long I've loved that bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit?"

"Our baby doesn't. You're carrying our child."

"I want to feel like myself. That's not fair." A few tears fell from my eyes.

Wiping them away with the pad of his thumb, Amaru pulled my body into his shushing me while I cried softly.

This baby is changing everything and creating new routines I never expected to happen. I've heard about pregnancies being perfect and I can't even experience that.

"Is it because I have HIV?"

"No. Don't think like that. It's just how your body is when you're pregnant. Everybody's different." His lips on mine gave me a little hope.

"And a few weeks back I was all for bras. Now my boobs are so swollen I can't even fit my bras. Dion bought me this new one but it's too big. Every time I try to pose you can tell." Amaru sighed at my whining unhooking my bra.

"Don't wear the bra. I'll hold your breasts."

"Are you sure you want to? They're really heavy-"

"I put a baby into you. This is a 50/50 effort, remember?"

"Yeah." I softly smiled.

Dion's faint knocks could be heard again. "Are you okay in there?"

"Yes. We'll be out!" Amaru answered for me while helping me down.

And to think last year Jackie and I were going to the club talking shit about men. Presently, she's gone and I'm carrying a baby for a guy that I'm engaged to.

My, have the times changed.

"You okay?" I couldn't stop myself from hugging Amaru tightly rocking us from side to side.