XVIII.

Amaru "Leo" Crooks ( SYM'S OUTFIT IN MM)

"Come with me." Sym looked me upside my head looking around the neighborhood.

"I don't even know where we are. Look behind you, there's people following us." She pointed.

I peeked at Soja and his boys behind us for a second.

"I've got us. Now come on."

"Fine." Even though she had a little attitude her beauty still radiates.

Us having just come from eating out had her thinking she'd get some at my place. First we have business to handle.

"Don't start with the attitude."

"We need to communicate more."

"And we will. Stand right here." We both got checked for weapons.

Her hand clung to mine as we walked inside Soja's main mansion. He of course greeted us at his entrance.

"Hello, beautiful."

"Soja?" She raised an eyebrow in complete shock.

"That's my name. Call me Zane."

"I'm not even trying to be rude right now, but why am I standing in the place you lay your head at?"

"You didn't tell her?" He asked me with a small chuckle.

Shaking my head, I rubbed my neck.

"Well I'll explain it to her. Follow me." Bypassing his many rooms, in one I could see his baby moms playing with their daughter.

They're not together because his dumbass couldn't get his life together. She left him but they're still sleeping around.

That's obvious since she's pregnant again.

"This right here is my main office. Meetings occur here."

"Cool."

"Y'all take a seat."

With great caution, Sym took a seat on my lap looking around. You could see the fear all over her face.

"She okay?"

"I haven't told her yet. Baby, it's safe." Her body still kind of shook in my arms so I held her hands down to make it less noticeable. "You can go ahead."

"Alright, your man needed a favor. So far we've been able to kill Jackie off since she has some link to it. We can't find Carmen and Demp, though."

"When you came to my apartment she was there." Sym looked at him in confusion.

Well this is news to me.

"Shortly after that she went ghost. Being that she's a hoe, I've been on this medication to ensure I don't get HIV. Seeing as word on the street is Demp has it. He's given it to most, if not all his prostitutes. There's an HIV outbreak in this neighborhood."

"I'm listening."

"They also have your mother in law in that crackhouse. In exchange for his mama and some chump change, Leo's working for us."

"I'm guessing there's a contract involved?"

"She's smart!" Soja nodded, pulling it out. "This is everything we're expecting from him. When you finish this you can go get to know your new sister in law Dion."

She read over the contract occasionally frowning, but it went away as it came.

Making it to the last to the last page, she flipped it seeing nothing.