Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nothing to Forgive

Cristiano swallowed nervously as he stepped into the quiet apartment, he clutched at the flowers that he had brought home with him for Felisa.

The footballer had been gone for hours and he knew that everyone would be in bed now, he just hoped that Felisa was okay.

The last time that they’d had a fight like this, Cristiano had lost Felisa completely and hadn’t been able to find her for over a year; he wasn’t sure he would be able to stand losing her again.

The footballer silently shut the front door to their apartment and moved to check in Thalia in her bedroom, he knew that Felisa wouldn’t be far from their daughter after what had happened.

Cristiano smiled at the sight of his seven month old daughter, he was a little relieved to find her there since it had crossed his mind that Felisa would flee taking Thalia with her.

Leaning against Thalia’s door frame for a moment, Cristiano watched the infant sleep knowing that he had so much to make up for with Felisa.

The footballer regretted every hurtful thing that he had said, he had been so angry and scared that he had lashed out at her again; he knew it hadn’t been fair to take his anger out on Felisa.

“You’re home?” Fabio murmured as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he looked at his sister’s boyfriend glad that he had come home; he didn’t know if Felisa would have been able to recover from losing him.

Cristiano nodded his head, he felt even worse knowing that Fabio had been forced to clean up his mess; he just hoped he could fix all of this.

“Sinto muito,” Cristiano said knowing that he was going to make things right, he watched as Fabio nodded his head in thought for a moment before he headed back to his own bedroom for the night.

***

Felisa sniffled as she curled up in bed, she clutched at Cristiano’s pillow as she stared at the bedside clock; she was frightened to go to sleep in case Cristiano didn’t come home at all.

The brunette blinked away tears as she heard the bedroom door slowly open, she wiped away her tears quickly fearing it was Fabio coming to check on her.

However Felisa was surprised when a nervous looking Cristiano stepped into their bedroom; she eyed him curiously as he stepped further into the room.

“Sinto muito,” Cristiano whispered as he shook his head, he ignored the fact that his girlfriend was wearing a yellow lace trim teddy; he wanted to make things right.

The footballer nervously walked towards the bed knowing that he had been horrible to her and now that he knew why she had gone to see Hugo, he regretted everything that he had said.

“I never meant a word of it Isa… I just feared losing you again,” Cristiano said trying to explain himself, he knew he wasn’t ever going to forgive himself for accusing her of turning back into an escort.

Felisa sat quietly as she stared at Cristiano, relief flooding her as she realised that he had come home; she quickly climbed out of bed and wrapped her arms around his waist before she burst into tears again.

Cristiano didn’t waste a moment at holding his girlfriend, he apologised repeatedly to her knowing that he hated himself for making her cry.

“You came home,” Felisa said in utter relief as she clung to Cristiano, she couldn’t stop her tears and she felt Cristiano still confused at her words.

The footballer blinked as he realised that she was just glad that he had come home to her, he hated himself even more for worrying her.

“I’ll always come home to you Isa,” Cristiano said as he cupped his girlfriend’s face and made her look at him, he had completely forgotten the flowers that now lay on the floor beside his feet.

Felisa swallowed as more tears pooled in her eyes, she didn’t feel angry at him anymore and she could see that he had calmed down as much as she had in the hours since their fight.

“Can you ever forgive me? I’m such an idiot,” Cristiano said as he brushed away Felisa’s tears, he knew that this wasn’t going to be an easy fix and he was already planning on how he would make this up to her.

Felisa shook her head as she smiled weakly at Cristiano, there were some things that would always haunt them and she hoped that this would be the last time that they faced something like this.

“There is nothing to forgive,” Felisa said with a shake of her head, she had known this was going to be hard and she didn’t delude herself into thinking her sordid past could be forgotten so easily.

Cristiano laughed softly as he pulled Felisa into a hug, she wrapped her arms around his waist as she held him close.

“I should have told you about Hugo,” Felisa said knowing that she wasn’t going to make the same mistake again, she closed her blue eyes still scared to lose him.

The brunette hated the thought of ever being without him, she loved him more than anything and she knew that she couldn’t be without him; the year she had been parted from him had been hard enough.

“I shouldn’t have shouted at you or accused you of cheating,” Cristiano replied as he closed his eyes, he swallowed knowing that he would spend the right of his life making it up to her.

The couple were silent as they revelled in the fact that they were okay for now, they really didn’t want to think about what could have happened tonight; it had been a close call for both of the couple.

“Marry me?” Cristiano murmured as he ran his fingers through Felisa’s hair, he pulled back from his girlfriend as he swallowed nervously; he knew that he had been planning to wait but he didn’t want to anymore.

Felisa blinked taken back as she stared at her boyfriend of nearly six months, she hadn’t been expecting him to pop the question so soon.

Cristiano carefully detached himself from the brunette and moved to his bedside table, he carefully pulled a small black box from the top draw making Felisa gasp.

“I’ve had this for months,” Cristiano admitted as he moved to sit down on the bed and show Felisa the 18ct white gold two third carat diamond solitaire ring that he had gotten for her.

The brunette opened her mouth in shock knowing that she wasn’t sure what to say, she blinked wishing that she’d known that he planned to pop the question.

“I don’t want to lose you Isa… will you marry me?” Cristiano said with a small smile, he watched her face intently knowing that he was going to make her his in every legal way possible.

“Yes,” Felisa said after a moment of silence, she felt like crying again and she knew that this was just a new start for them.

Cristiano grinned as he took her left hand and carefully place the ring on her finger, he felt happiness flood him knowing that he couldn’t believe she had said yes.

Felisa wrapped her arms around Cristiano and kissed him, she held him close knowing that she couldn’t believe that they were engaged; she grinned as she felt Cristiano hold her close.

“I love you,” Cristiano said as he pulled back from his fiancée, he smiled at her knowing that they were going to be okay.

The last thing that he ever wanted to happen was for him to lose either Felisa or Thalia; they were his family now.

“I love you too,” Felisa said as she pressed another kiss to his lips, she wasn’t sure what would happen next for them and she didn’t care.