Part One - Chapter Sixteen: The Rehearsal Dinner

Katia frowned as she watched her brother arrive with his girlfriend, she still didn’t understand why he was with Felisa; she had thought with Luciana’s arrival that he’d drop the act but he still persuade his relationship with the brunette.

“Stop looking sour Katia… he’s happy,” Hugo muttered as he looked at his sister, he didn’t know why she was so against Felisa when all the brunette had done was make their brother happy; something that he deserved after what Hugo had done.

Katia turned her glare away from the happy couple to focus on her older brother, she knew all about his little secret as did the rest of their family; the only person that didn’t know was Cristiano and everyone was determined to keep it that way.

“Do you ever feel guilty that you’re the reason that he isn’t happy married now?” Katia retaliated making Hugo flinch, he glared at her knowing that she was lashing out because he was right.

That affair with Luciana was his greatest regret in the world, Hugo hadn’t even confessed that it had happened to his own wife let alone his brother; he knew it would destroy his family even more if Cristiano was to find out.

Katia smirked as her older brother walked away, she was sure that their younger brother would be happier if he got back together with Luciana; she knew deep down that Cristiano still loved his former fiancée, just as the blonde still loved him.

The Portuguese turned her attention back to the couple and frowned knowing that she had to get rid of Felisa if her brother ever stood a chance of getting back the life that he had lost because of the affair.

***

“I love you,” Cristiano whispered as he kissed Felisa, he smiled as he held her close knowing that they were meant to be focusing on his mother’s rehearsal dinner; however since they had actually gotten together he hadn’t been able to help himself.

The brunette was wearing a pink midi dress with embellished neck paired with black heeled sandals and a black zip around grab clutch bag; she had wanted to look the part since she was actually his girlfriend now and not just some escort that he had hired.

“I love you too,” Felisa replied as her fingers played with the hair at the top of his neck, she smiled as he twitched under her touch knowing that he liked it when she touched him there.

Cristiano ducked down to kiss her again before someone cleared their throat making the couple pull apart as Elma smiled at them; she was truly happy for her brother and was the only one of the family that didn’t have a motivate about their relationship.

Hugo wanted them to be together because it relieved his guilt about what he had to his brother’s last serious relationship while Katia wanted them to break up because she was having a tough time with her marriage; she thought that if she could fix Cristiano’s love life then it would make her own problems disappear.

“The dinner’s about to start,” Elma said as she smiled, she really hoped that no one came between the couple and she hated that her sister and Luciana were trying to; she wanted her brother truly happy and he was now that he had Felisa in his life.

Cristiano nodded his head as Felisa stepped back from him, she brushed some hair from her face as she took a calming breath; it all felt so different now that she wasn’t acting anymore.

Cristiano looked at his girlfriend and smiled, he didn’t care what anyone else thought anymore, he truly had fallen for Felisa and he wasn’t going to allow anything to come between them now.

“Shall we?” the footballer asked knowing that once they were back in Madrid, that he was going to do everything in his power to cover up the fact that she was an escort; he didn’t want anyone using that information against him or her.

Felisa nodded her head as she took his hand and moved closer to him again, she still couldn’t believe that she had him as her boyfriend; the brunette couldn’t remember the last time that she had dated and she knew that most men didn’t like the idea of dating a female escort.

The couple headed back to the main area making Dolores smile at the sight of her son, she knew that he had finally done something right and she hoped that nothing happened to take away his happiness; he deserved this after what Hugo and Luciana had done behind his back.

“There you are,” Dolores said as she moved to hug her youngest son, she was proud of him and wanted nothing more than for him to be happy; she did however want to talk privately with Felisa.

***

Luciana frowned as she watched Felisa, she had been doing her research about the brunette and it had come back with a couple of interesting things; some of which she hadn’t mentioned before.

The blonde was surprised to read that Felisa was an orphan that looked after her younger siblings, she hadn’t even finished high school instead going on to work straight away so that she could support her family.

Luciana hadn’t been able to find out what Felisa actually did for work but she knew that it couldn’t be a good job since the brunette hadn’t finished her education and didn’t have any qualifications.

Luciana hated that she was impressed by what Felisa had done, she didn’t want to feel anything but hatred for the woman that had replaced her in Cristiano’s life and heart; she wanted her gone and as soon as possible.

“Any luck?” Katia asked as she sat down next to Luciana, she was also watching her brother and his girlfriend as if it would reveal what they were looking for.

The blonde shook her head annoyed as she sipped on her wine, she knew that this night was going to be a long one and she wasn’t going to remain sober for it; she couldn’t bear to watch Cristiano being happy with Felisa.

“Nothing that could help us,” Luciana said as she looked at Katia, she had checked everything and hadn’t been able to discover what could help her; the brunette seemed squeaky clean and it made her more determined to lean the truth.

“She does charity work, she’s raising her younger siblings… I didn’t know he had a thing for saints,” Luciana muttered bitterly, she was hell in heels and she didn’t believe that anyone could be that nice; there was something that Felisa was hiding, something that would break up her relationship with Cristiano.

Katia pursed her lips, she knew there must be something that they could do to end her brother’s relationship with Felisa; she didn’t want him staying with the gold-digger while Luciana was willing to take him back.

“Maybe we should break into the house,” Katia mused as she looked at the blonde next her, she knew that if they continued that they would discover what Felisa was hiding; her brother was better off with Luciana and it allowed her to focus on something other than her impending divorce.

The blonde nodded her head knowing that going through the house that Felisa shared with Cristiano would hold some clues to what Felisa’s secret was.