Part Two - Chapter Five: Complicated Feelings

Cristiano smiled as he moved to greet his mother, he was glad that she had agreed to meet him for lunch; he knew that she had adored Felisa and hadn’t been pleased when he had entered into a contract with Irina.

“Olá mãe,” the footballer said as he got to his feet and hugged his mother, she was the only member of his family that he spoke to weekly after what had happened; Elma spent her time trying to fix the rift that had formed in their family because of Hugo’s betrayal.

Dolores smiled at her son as she pulled back from him, she couldn’t help but notice how happy he looked right now and she wondered what had happened.

“Olá,” Dolores replied as she took a seat, her brown eyes looking at him curious about why he had told her that she needed to meet him; it sounded urgent and she could tell that something had happened.

Cristiano took a deep breath as he looked at his menu, he knew his mother was going to want answers but he now wasn’t sure how to explain what had occurred the day before; he had only had Felisa back for less than twenty-four hours and he wasn’t going to risk losing her again.

“Cristiano?” Dolores asked as she watched her son, she carefully rested a hand on his arm wondering why he was nervous; she could see that he had something to tell her and she worried that it was related to his ‘relationship’ with Irina.

The footballer looked at his mother and sighed knowing that she had picked up on his nerves; he set down his menu knowing that this was going to be okay.

“I found Felisa,” Cristiano revealed making his mother smile at him, she had always hoped that things would work out between the two since they had been very much in love last summer.

Dolores looked at her son as she waited for him to continue, she couldn’t believe that it had taken him a year to track the brunette down. Cristiano moved his chair as he glanced around, he didn’t want anyone listening in on them as he told his mother so very important news.

“She lives out in Carabanchel with her siblings and last night we got back together,” Cristiano said with a smile on his face, he still couldn’t believe how everything had worked out; he knew that he wasn’t going to ever let Felisa go especially now that they had Thalia.

Dolores felt her eyes fill with tears as she looked at her son, she couldn’t believe that everything had worked out so well for him; she had worried that he’d end up marrying Irina or someone else that didn’t care him.

“Mãe… there is something else,” Cristiano said as he leant forward, he could see how happy his mother was and he still hadn’t told her what else he had gained.

The footballer chewed on the inside of his lip as he watched Dolores, he wondered how she was going to react to the news that she had a granddaughter.

“I have a daughter,” Cristiano said as he carefully pulled out a picture that Felisa had given him of their daughter, he smiled softly as he handed the image to his mother who stared at it speechlessly.

Dolores blinked as she took the photograph, she sniffled as she stared at the baby in the picture and she could see without a doubt that it was Cristiano’s.

The footballer smiled as his mother looked fondly at the picture, her thumb stroking the image of her granddaughter; he knew that she was going to want to meet her.

“She’s bonita,” Dolores said as she looked at her son, she knew that there was a story behind this and she was desperate to discover what had led to the birth of her granddaughter.

“So what are you going to do?” Dolores asked as she looked at her son, she still had hold of the picture of Thalia and she knew that her son was going to give his daughter the best start in life.

The three month old wasn’t going to stay living in the two bedroom apartment in Carabanchel, it wasn’t safe and Cristiano had refused to allow his daughter and girlfriend to remain there.

“I’m having Jorge find an apartment near La Finca,” the footballer said as he sipped on his drink, he had lived in that area for four years now and he knew that he wanted Felisa and their daughter close to him; he didn’t even mind having her siblings there as long as they were safe.

Dolores nodded her head, she couldn’t believe that her son was a father; she had always hoped that this day would come and she knew that Felisa was the perfect mother for this.

“And what about Irina?” the Portuguese asked as she eyed her son, she doubted that he had fully informed Felisa that he was contracted to remain with the Russian model for another ten months; he had only been with her two of the contracted twelve.

Cristiano swallowed knowing that his next stop was to see Irina, he needed to talk some things through with her before he discussed them with Felisa; he knew he wouldn’t be able to drop out of his contract with Irina but he hoped to set some boundaries.

***

Irina raised an eyebrow at the footballer as she allowed him into her hotel room, she had known Cristiano for about four years now and she knew that he had something important to tell her.

Cristiano glanced at the model knowing that he wouldn’t be staying long since he wanted to go and see his girlfriend and spend time with his daughter; he didn’t want to waste time with someone that wasn’t important to him.

“So what is it that you want?” Irina asked as she moved to sit down on the couch, her green eyes watching Cristiano with interest knowing that there was something different about him; she hadn’t been expecting to see him ahead of their date the next night.

Cristiano took a deep breath as he sat down and watched the model, he had been grateful for her friendship the last few months and he knew that he owed her one for everything that she had done for him.

“I came to tell you that I’ve found Felisa,” Cristiano said knowing that whatever he said to Irina, it wouldn’t matter; they were nothing more than friends and it was only there contract that bounded them together.

Irina blinked taken back as she felt her heart drop, she knew that this was going to happen one day and she had hoped that by then things would have worked out for her.

“We’ll continue on with the contract as promised… but there will not be any public displays of affection that aren’t necessary,” Cristiano said knowing that he owed her this, she had spent months helping him through his brother’s betrayal and she had helped him search for Felisa when no one else would.

Everyone had told him that he had to give up on finding the brunette, however Irina had stayed with him and he owed her so much for that.

“Congratulations,” the Russian said as she thought back to their date the other night, she had known the moment that he had told her who the waitress was Felisa’s sister that this was going to end badly for her.

Cristiano smiled at her knowing that everything was working out so well for him right now, he had a small family to think about and he couldn’t wait to get to know his daughter more.

Irina forced a smile to her face knowing that again she would have to watch him be happy with another woman while she was secretly in love with him.