Part Two - Chapter Thirteen: Irina's Feelings

“What do you think she wants?” Felisa asked as she leant against the kitchen counter and stared at Cristiano, she felt a little nervous about the fact that Irina had asked to see him alone.

The brunette didn’t trust the model for a moment and it made her even more wary that Cristiano’s lawyer wasn’t going to be there; she didn’t want him agreeing to anything without his lawyer present.

“Amor relax, Irina is an old friend,” Cristiano said as he tried to feed Thalia her lunch, he knew that Felisa didn’t like it but he had to see what Irina wanted; she was a close friend and he didn’t want Rhea’s mistake to end that.

The footballer hoped to talk the Russian out of legal action, since there was no point to it anymore; sure he wasn’t legal bond to her anymore but she was still his friend and he would help her where he could.

Felisa huffed knowing that there was nothing that she could say to change his mind, she sipped on her coffee wishing that there was something that she could do to change his mind.

Cristiano sighed as he set down the peach baby food and turned to look at his girlfriend, she was the only woman for him and he could understand why she was nervous; he didn’t want her spending time with any other man but him.

“I promise, nothing will happen,” Cristiano said as he pushed himself to his feet and walked over to Felisa, he wrapped his arms around her wishing that he could ease her mind about this.

The footballer pressed a kiss to Felisa’s lips, he had some things that he needed to sort out and he knew that this thing with Irina was one of them.

“I know and I trust you, it’s just her that I don’t trust,” Felisa said as she looked up at Cristiano knowing that she was lucky to have him because she didn’t deserve a man like him; the brunette rested her head against his hoping that this bad feeling would go away.

***

Irina smiled as she opened her apartment door to Cristiano, she had only started renting it recently and she knew it meant that there was no chance of them being disturbed by anyone.

“It’s nice to see you again,” Irina said as she allowed Cristiano to step inside, she chewed on her lip knowing that today was the day that she told him how she felt; the Russian needed him to know that he had options and she was one of them.

“It’s great to see you, obrigado for inviting me,” Cristiano said with a smile, he looked around the apartment knowing that she had asked him here for a reason; he just hoped that everything would be okay between them.

Irina led him into the living room, knowing that they had business to get down to; she wasn’t even mad anymore about the contract breach that Rhea had cased.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Cristiano asked as he sat down, his brown eyes locked on Irina knowing he couldn’t stay long; he had some other things to do and he knew that Felisa had plans for dinner arranged for them even if she couldn’t leave the apartment yet.

Irina chewed on her lip as her green eyes stared back at Cristiano, she had known him for four years now and she had always wondered how he couldn’t notice that she had feelings for him.

“I’m dropping the law suit,” Irina revealed as she smiled sweetly at Cristiano, she knew that he hadn’t been to blame and she was sure that they could come to an agreement once she had told him how she felt.

The Russian was sure that he had some sort of feelings for her, they were close friends and he told her everything about him; he had even told her about what had transpired between him and Felisa before the brunette had come back into his life with their daughter.

“That’s great Rina,” Cristiano said beaming at the Russian, he felt a weight lifting from his shoulders knowing that this was the least of his problems.

The footballer was still trying to make things better for Felisa and he was growing angry at some of the things that people were saying about her.

Cristiano had already told Felisa that she should write her book, it would all her to tell her side of her story without people twisting her words against her.

“I know it wasn’t your fault,” Irina said as she took his hand and moved closer to her, she licked her lips knowing that she needed to get this out in the open; she needed for him to know how she felt.

The Russian quickly moved forward and kissed Cristiano on the lips, her hands carefully moving to his neck hoping that this was okay when he didn’t move for a moment.

Cristiano sharply pushed Irina away from him and glared at her, he swallowed knowing that Felisa had been right to be wary about why Irina wanted to see him alone.

“What the hell?” the footballer demanded as he moved away from Irina, he couldn’t even bring himself to look at her as he tried to figure out what had happened; he knew he’d have to tell Felisa since he didn’t want anyone else to do so.

Irina looked at him sadly knowing that wasn’t how she wanted their first real kiss to go, he had never kissed her properly when they had been under contract and she just wanted him to love her.

“I’m in love with you Cris,” Irina whispered as she looked at him hoping that somewhere deep down that he felt the same, she knew it wasn’t likely but she still hoped.

Cristiano felt his heart pound in his chest as he turned to look at Irina sadly, he knew that he didn’t feel for her like that; she was just a friend to him and it would always be Felisa that held his heart.

“Sinto muito,” the Portuguese said with a sad look on his face, he would never be able to give himself to another woman; he loved Felisa and he knew that she was the only one for him.

Irina nodded her head knowing that this was going to happen, she looked down at her hands glad that she had her answer even if it did still hurt; she knew that he’d never want her like he wanted Felisa.

“It’s okay, I get it… you love her,” Irina said trying to keep the hatred and jealously that she felt for his girlfriend out of her voice; she had spent a whole year listening to him talk about how much he loved Felisa and wanted her back.

Cristiano looked at Irina wishing that he could take away her hurt, he knew that this wasn’t fair to her but he didn’t want to give her false hope; he knew it would only make this worse.

“Tell me… if you had never have met her, would you have loved me?” Irina asked desperate for some kind of hope, some idea that if Cristiano had never had meet Felisa then maybe she would have stood some chance against the former female escort.

Cristiano swallowed as he looked at Irina and shook his head, he had never seen her like that and he knew he never would; Felisa was his soul-mate and someway he would always have her.

“Sinto muito… you’re more like a sister to me,” Cristiano said offering her a weak smile, he knew that it would be best if he left now; she would need time and space and he was willing to give her that.

Irina nodded her head as she took a shaky breath, she was glad that he hadn’t tried to comfort her since she would have only lashed out.

Cristiano looked at her one more time before he walked away knowing that Felisa was the one for him and always would be.