Part One - Chapter Twenty-Four: The Wedding

“You look bonita mãe,” Cristiano said as he smiled softly at his mother as she climbed out of the car, he ignored his older brother completely knowing that he wasn’t going to cause a scene right now; he wanted to focus on his mother.

Dolores smiled at him softly, she hadn’t seen him until now and after dropping Felisa off at the airport two hours ago she still had the brunette’s letter on her; she took a deep breath seeing that he was still hurt and she was grateful that he had still come.

“Sinto muito,” Dolores said as she watched her son, she knew that he was hurting and she wished with all her heart that there was something that she could do about it; he had lost Luciana to Hugo and now through his own anger he had lost Felisa.

Cristiano shook his head and hugged his mother, he held her close as he tried to focus on staying calm so that he didn’t fall apart; he knew that after this he’d have to speak with Felisa but that could wait until after, he wasn’t sure what he’d say to her yet.

“I have something for you… Felisa wanted me to give it to you,” Dolores said softly as she pulled the envelope from her bag and handed it to her son, she knew there was no point in keeping it from him; he deserved to know that the brunette had left.

Elma and Katia shared confused looks, no one had seen the brunette since the party the night before and to hear that their mother had known where the escort had been was a surprise.

Cristiano blinked confused as he took the envelope from his mother, he furrowed his brow as he turned it over in his hands wondering what the brunette could write that she couldn’t say to him in person.

“She flew back to Madrid this morning… she thought it would be for the best,” Dolores explained awkwardly making her children look at her shocked, none of them thought that it could possibly end like this.

***

Rhea Pereira bounced on her heels as she waited for her sister to arrive at Madrid-Barajas airport from Portugal; the brunette had no idea what had happened while her sister had been away for two weeks but she knew it had hurt her.

“Ria what is going on?” Fabio Pereira asked as he looked up at his older sixteen year old sister, he had woken up this morning to a phone-call from Felisa saying she was coming home that morning and they needed to pick her up from the airport.

Rhea shrugged as she offered him a smile, she didn’t have any answers and she knew that there was something big going on; her sister had seemed so happy and now she seemed to cry constantly over nothing.

“There she is… Lisa,” Fabio said as he hurried forward as he spotted his eldest sister, he ran for her as she wheeled her suitcase through the airport; her blue eyes filled with her tears as her eyes landed on her siblings.

Fabio wrapped his arms around Felisa as she dropped to her kneed to hug him, he looked alarmed as she burst into tears as she hugged him close.

Rhea quickly approached her two siblings, she had a feeling that she knew what had happened and she hated that her sister had ended up getting hurt; Felisa had fallen in love and something had taken that away from her.

“Lisa what happened?” Fabio said as he pulled back from his big sister, he knew what she did for a living and he was proud of her; she did it so he could have all the nice things that he had in his life and so he had food on the table.

Felisa sniffled as she wiped her eyes as she looked at her siblings, she knew she was going to have to tell them but right now she just wanted to get home and forget all of this had ever happened.

***

Cristiano sat quietly as he watched his mother happy with her new husband, he was so happy for her and he knew that Jose Andrade would always be there for her; he sipped on his drink as he watched his family celebrate.