Part One - Chapter Fourteen: Seeking Forgiveness

Felisa swallowed as she listened to the silence of the house, it was very early morning and the brunette knew that she needed to eat something; she had been hulled up in her bedroom since she had discovered the money.

The brunette’s stomach grumbled as she sighed and carefully climbed out of bed, her feet touched the cold floor making her shiver as she took a deep breath; she hoped that Cristiano was asleep so that she didn’t have to face him.

Felisa hadn’t been able to sleep and she doubted that she would be able to anytime soon, she still couldn’t believe how stupid she had been to think that he would be able to love her when he could have anyone.

The brunette carefully stepped out of her room and glanced around relieved that Cristiano wasn’t waiting to talk to her; she would deal with the mess that she had made later on.

Felisa walked into the kitchen and set about making herself a sandwich, she moved about as silently as possible so that she didn’t attract any attention to herself.

The brunette just wanted to eat in peace before she tried to get some sleep, she was going to need it since the rehearsal dinner was coming up.

Felisa was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn’t notice Cristiano sleeping on the couch in the living room, the footballer had moved from his own room when he had realised that there was no chance that the brunette would be coming out anytime soon.

"Felisa,” the footballer murmured as he started to wake up, he felt horrible after falling asleep on the couch and he knew that he deserved it for what he had done; the house was still silent as the brunette stopped and looked behind her surprised to hear his voice.

Felisa took a deep breath as she collected her sandwich and hurried quietly back to her room so that he didn’t speak with her; she wasn’t ready to face him just yet and she knew she’d need time to clear her head.

Cristiano blinked open his tired brown eyes as he heard a door close, he sat up and groaned as he looked towards it knowing that Felisa had been out and he had missed her; he carefully pushed himself off the couch and walked over to the door and knocked on it.

“Felisa,” the footballer called softly as he knocked on the door, he doubted that she would want to talk to him but he wanted to make things right.

Cristiano hated that he had hurt her and wanted to make things right, even if he had to get down on his hands and knees and begged her to forgive him.

“I know that you don’t want to talk to me but por favor I need to explain,” the Portuguese begged as he wondered what he would do if she didn’t let him fix things between them; he didn’t want her to think that he was going to use her like that when they felt the same for one another.

Cristiano waited for a moment as he listened for movement, he hoped that she would allow him to explain; he sighed in relief as he heard the door opening and he offered Felisa a small smile as she looked at him.

“I’m so sorry,” Cristiano said shaking his head, he watched her hating how fragile she looked right now and he knew that this was his doing; he cursed his drunken mind for getting the money out and leaving it there.

Felisa swallowed as she crossed her arms and watched him, she couldn’t hide away anymore and she knew it was time to face the music; she had a job to do and she was going to focus on that.

***

“Why did you do it?” Felisa asked softly as she sat across from Cristiano in the living room, she sipped on her hot chocolate as she watched him knowing that she needed to know where they stood.

The brunette wasn’t sure where this left them but she wasn’t willing to make a fool of herself again, she had been burnt once and she wasn’t going to let it happen again.

"I didn’t think that you had feelings for me… I wanted you and I still do,” Cristiano said as he tried to explain, he was glad that she was hearing him out and he hoped that he could win her back; he could already see her rebuilding a wall around herself that had been there when he had first met her.

Felisa looked at him, she felt her heart flutter at the idea that he did care for her and she wished that she could believe him.

“I’ve fallen for you and I hate myself for using you like that… I just wanted a night were I could pretend that you loved me back, only to find that you did love me anyway,” Cristiano said as he tried to explain why he had done this; he was glad that she had shared his feelings and he wanted to make sure that she continued to do so.

The footballer swallowed as he looked at her, he carefully reached forward to take her hand; his brown eyes watched her wishing that she would understand what he was trying to tell her, he knew he wasn’t explaining it to her in the best way.

"You love me?” Felisa whispered as she allowed Cristiano to take her hand, she felt tears building in her blue eyes as she stared at him; she wondered for a moment if she was hearing him right.

The footballer nodded his head as he reached up carefully to wipe away her tears, he was glad that she hadn’t pushed him away.

“There’s something about you and if I let you go… I’d hate myself for it,” Cristiano said shaking his head, he knew that she was hurting but he wasn’t going to lose her; he didn’t care what it took to make her forgive him for his stupidity.

The footballer carefully moved to sit next to Felisa, he was determined and he knew how he felt for her; she was the one thing that had made him this happy and he wasn’t going to let that go when everything was working out for him.

“Forgive me?” Cristiano breathed as he leant forward and kissed the brunette, he pulled back slightly knowing that he would spend the coming day making things right but right now, he needed to show her how he felt right now.

Cristiano kissed Felisa again as he drew her close, he smiled into the kiss as she wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him closer; the footballer carefully pulled back as he brushed some hair from her face and stared at her.

“I love you Isa… don’t doubt this,” Cristiano said as he tried to make her relax, he was aware that he would have to earn back her trust but once this was over he would show her just how much he cared for her; he would help her in any way to escape the world that she had become trapped in.

Felisa watched him knowing that she was going to have to make sure that she was doing the right thing, she truly didn’t need this coming back and biting her in the bottom after she revealed how she felt.

Cristiano wasn’t surprised that she didn’t return the words, he was going to have to earn them since he had been hurt her; he didn’t mind waiting since he knew when she told him that she loved him that it would be worth it.

“Let’s get some sleep… we have a big day coming tomorrow,” Cristiano said as he pressed another kiss to Felisa’s lips, he carefully got to his feet and offered her, his hand to help her to her feet; he hoped that the coming days would see them grow close again.

Felisa allowed Cristiano to help her up, she had a feeling that she would regret forgiving him later on.