Part Two - Chapter Three: Midnight Reunion

“You live here?” Cristiano asked as he stared up at the apartment block that Rhea had directed him too, the brunette nodded her head as she unbuckled her seatbelt and collected her bag.

The footballer swallowed knowing that Carabanchel was one of the rougher areas in Madrid, he hated to think of his daughter growing up in this area; he knew he’d have to fix that as soon as possible.

“For nine years now,” Rhea confirmed remembering when they had moved into their small apartment, it was the first thing that Felisa had bought after she had become an escort after they had lost their home; no one had helped them and the bank didn’t care that they’d left three orphans homeless.

Cristiano took a deep breath through his nose as he prepared for what he was about to do, he doubted that Felisa was going to be pleased to see him and he didn’t care; he needed to be with her and their daughter, he couldn’t lose them now.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Rhea asked as she looked at the footballer, she was a little nervous now since she knew that her sister wasn’t going to be happy that she had told Cristiano about Thalia; she needed time to prepare her sister for the footballer’s arrival.

Rhea was all too aware that she had overstepped the mark by telling Cristiano about Thalia, she knew that she shouldn’t have told Cristiano but he deserved to know since she doubted her sister would have said anything in an attempt to get rid of the footballer.

Cristiano nodded his head as he removed his own seatbelt, he wasn’t going to allow Felisa to slip through his fingers; he had lost her once before and he wasn’t letting that happen again.

Rhea took a deep breath, she knew that there would be no preparing Felisa for his arrival and she hoped her sister wouldn’t be too mad at her.

***

Felisa’s head snapped up as she heard the front door unlocking, the brunette was quickly on her feet as she hurried towards the foyer of her home; she couldn’t believe that Rhea was out this late.

“And just what time do you call this?” Felisa thundered as she glared at her younger sister as she walked through the door, it was nearing midnight now and her shift had finished hours ago; the brunette crossed her arms as she waited patiently for an answer.

Rhea looked at her sheepishly as she stepped into the apartment allowing Cristiano to follow after her, she glanced at the footballer then at her sister who was dressed in her blue boudoir lace trim teddy.

Felisa’s blue eyes widened at the sight of the footballer, she had never thought that she would see him again face to face; she wouldn’t admit it but she had watched all of his matches when she could.

“Surprise,” Rhea said nervously as Felisa stared speechlessly at Cristiano, she knew that this was a massive shock for her sister and she hoped that she wouldn’t be to mad at her for what she had done.

Felisa quickly closed her navy enchanted crane short kimono and tied it, she swallowed wondering what her sister had been thinking; she knew that this wasn’t going to end well when Cristiano learnt about Thalia.

“What are you doing here?” Felisa breathed as she glanced at her sister, who offered her a small smile before disappearing into her bedroom that she shared with Fabio.

Cristiano stared at the brunette, he couldn’t believe that he was seeing her again after an entire year; he knew he wasn’t going to allow her to slip through his fingers again.

“I’ve spent the last year looking for you,” Cristiano said softly, his voice quiet as he carefully moved closer to Felisa; his brown eyes looking at her as if she could just disappear before his very eyes.