Chapter Twenty-seven: Wolfsbane

Luca's POV

My body had become weaker by the second while the wolfsbane entered my body. I was dripping with sweat and shook the chair I was tied too. Alex whimpered and sniffled once in a while, looking down.

"What's happening?" Alex's voice caused me to shiver, my fists tightening and turning white.

"W-wolfsbane-" I choked on my words trying to speak as best I could. We were stuck in a basement, many poisonous things surrounding the both of us. I coughed roughly and shook my head feeling my ears ring.

"We need to get out of here...A-Alex are y-y-you hurt-" Another cough erupted my body, I started feeling dizzy. I licked my dry and split lips, a stinging sensation to arise.

"Alpha, I could ask you the same thing. I'm afraid." I heard him mumble, raising his head so I could see his face. I frowned and raised my eyebrows slowly.

"I-I did that?" He shook his head and smiled a little.

"Oh, this?" Alex referred to his scarred left eye. I felt my leg go numb as the wolfsbane continued to spread through my body. He began speaking once again as I was looking around to see anything useful.

"Nah, it was the other dude." Xavier of course, how could I not know? Well, the whole time I blacked out having Jay take over me.

I nodded and sighed of relief which was soon disturbed by the sound of metal chains clanking down the wood stairs, heavy boots thudding along with it. Shit, he's coming down again.

"Alex I need you to pretend that you are asleep." He looked at me weirdly and scoffed loudly.

"What why?" I gritted my teeth and grunted with anger.

"Just. Do it. If you want. To. Live." Alex's eyes widened and soon after they were closed shut, his head dropping down in the same position it was in a few minutes ago.

"Stop moving! OW you piece of shit!" I heard a smack and thumps as her body finally hit the floor of the basement. She wore a torn flower dress, blood everywhere. She ran up the stairs, tripping a few times.

"NOT MY BABY!" The door slammed shut, locks clicking and keys rattling.

"Alex, you're good," I whispered. The lady ran down the stairs again and covered her mouth as soon as she saw us. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw Jade standing in front of us.

"Oh my! Luca? Alex?" Jade limped and gave me a hug, hiding her face in my shoulder. I groaned in pain and tightened my muscles. She sniffed and saw my hands tied behind me, the deadly flower placed between them. She began untying me and released the wolfsbane from my hands. I felt a rush of energy fly into me.

"J-Jade, What happened to you?" I looked down at her stomach and anger was rising in me.

"Did they...kill the baby?" She ran to Alex and untied him before answering my question.

"Luca, they have her upstairs, they have my baby upstairs." I stood in shock and immediately fell back down my head slamming onto the ground. Alex rushed to my side to aid me and Jade stood by.

"How? The baby must be premature!" Jade shook her head and started crying again. She put her foot upon the rusty chair and unwrapped the white cloth.

"I was bit, Luca." I gulped and kept quiet, trying to get back up. I saw a small window with bars bringing in the little bit of the full moonlight. I tried mind-linking Jay but I got no response letting me know I wasn't going to speak with him anytime soon. I then tried mind-linking Diana, hoping she was okay. Nothing.