Chapter Nine: Kidnapped

Diana's POV

My eyes opened with fear as I turned my body, right away I relaxed. He was okay. I looked at the time on his phone on the nightstand, his screensaver was a default that was on the phone once you bought it. I scoffed before putting my attention to the numbers on the phone.

4:27 A.M.

I sighed rubbing my face and sitting up in the bed. I took Luca's phone again and slid it open. Huh, no password. I went to the camera and took a picture of me smiling with the flash on and put it as his lock screen and wallpaper. Much better.

My eyes went back to Luca as I watched him sleep, I kiss his cheek and felt him squirm from my touch. Slowly, I got out of the bed and went downstairs to grab a glass of water to help me fall back asleep. I hummed a tune quietly until I made it to the kitchen.

Blake snored loudly causing me to flinch from the sudden sound. Damn it, Blake. Shaking it off, I grabbed a glass from one of the cupboards filling it with tap water from the sink. With a couple of gulps, I downed the water, wiping my mouth from the excess water that drips from my chin.

My feet started to lead me back to the bed where Luca was, where I could feel the warmth of his body and his protective arms. As I started my way back to our room, I heard something break behind me.

My whole body froze, slowly turning around. A cold breeze rushed passed me causing me to yelp.

"Who's there?" My voice sounded strong, I didn't feel scared for some reason. Another cold breeze hit my body and I felt a wet rag cover my mouth. My muffled screams started to die down, my vision beginning to blur. The very last thing I heard was,

"It's okay, you're safe now."

*****

Luca's POV

I moved my arm around, trying to bring Diana closer to me, the cold sheets indicating she wasn't in the bed with me. My eyes snapped open as I started to search for my mate with worry.

"Diana?"

Sniffing the air, I try to find her scent. Nothing. I jumped out of the bed, checking the bathroom.

"Diana?"

No response was heard, I felt my breaths become quick and short. Where was she? closing my eyes, I tried to calm myself down.

Maybe she was with Monica downstairs, cooking me breakfast. I nodded my head, calming down getting ready for the day.

I went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and washing my face. The fabulous outfit I chose today was a tight dark purple long-sleeved shirt with some black jeans.

I grabbed my phone heading out of my room with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see my mate again, sighing dreamily I continued down the stairs to the kitchen. I swung the door open, my smile fading right away.

Monica was sitting with a note in her hands as Blake held her in his arms. His head snapped to me, gulping with fright.

"What's wrong? Where's Diana?"

Blake let go of Monica standing in front of her in a protective manner.

"Luca, before you start freaking out, just know I don't think she did this."

I tightened my jaw, giving Blake a very cold stare.

"Blake I'm not asking again. Where is Diana?"

I saw him grab the note from his mate's hands, giving it to me.

Luca,

I'm sorry but I can't do this. I really tried, but this is way too much for me to handle. It might be better for both of us if we just forget everything. Again I'm really sorry. Please forgive and forget me.