Chapter Twenty-three: Conversations

Luca's POV
"Ow ow ow ow." Diana whimpered out in pain, her eyebrows furrowed and eyes closed.

"I know darling, I'm almost done." I finished wrapping some bandage over her head, trying to prevent any more blood to leak out of her head. I gave a lingering kiss on her forehead before helping her getting off of the sink.

"I need to talk to Lena," Diana muttered, starting to make her way to our bedroom door. I slid in front of her, blocking any access to getting out. I saw her fold her arms and sigh annoyed.

"Luca what are you doing?" She asked irritated. I gripped onto her waist, pulling her into a loving embrace.

"I need you to rest my love," I mumbled into her hair, loving the feeling of her in my arms. She rested a hand on my chest, pushing me away from a little. I felt my heart sting a bit.

"Luca, I'll be fine. I've been in worse pain, please I need to see if she is okay." I shook my head, standing my ground in front of her petite figure.

"No Diana, you are going to rest. Why don't I go talk to her?" She scoffed, licking her plump lips.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Diana's arms wrapped around my torso, tightening a little bit. I rested my chin on her head, giving it a kiss every few seconds.

"How bad can it be?" Diana snuggled into me, whispering lowly,

"Don't take too long, I wanna stay with you for the rest of the day."

I gave her one last kiss on the lips, leaving our bedroom. The hallway was dark and empty, quiet as well. The only sound heard was small chatter from downstairs in the living room. Small creaks left the wooden floor as I made my way towards Lena's guest room. Once I made it, I knocked quietly waiting for her to open.

"Lena? It's Luca. May I come in?" She didn't answer, yet her soft sniffles indicated she was listening. I decided to continue a little bit of the conversation that was planned in my head during my walk here.

"Remember when Jay, my wolf was here and you both were sitting on couches? I heard everything you said about not being able to find the one person you should spend the rest of your life with." Her feet shuffled to the door, clicking the lock open. Lena ran back to her bed, covering her face.

"Y-y-you h-heard that?" I nodded before realizing she couldn't see me. I cleared my throat before replying.

"Yes." A sob left her mouth making me wince a little bit, I stood by the door, hands in my pocket. This is not a good start.

"That's so embarrassing!!" She screeched. I kept my mouth shut until she began to quiet down for a little bit.

"No, it's not..." I can't believe I'm going to tell her this,

"I know exactly how you feel." She wiped her face, showing me her red eyes. Lena sniffed loudly, scooting over for me to sit next to her on the bed.

I walked towards her, accepting the nice gesture.

"You do? But how?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"Lena, there is one thing you should know about werewolves. We live for love and we die for love." I saw her breathe in heavily, nodding for me to go on.

"I've been waiting for Diana ever since I was just a pup. My mother always used to tell me, that having a mate is the greatest thing anyone could ask for. I didn't believe her for 15 years. 15 years, that's a long-ass time." I paused, closing my eyes. My eyes opened again, seeing her intense stare.

"At the age of 18, we are meant to find our mates. I didn't. My mother passed away instead and my father followed her a few months later. I had to take my father's spot as King. My brother disappeared leaving me all alone."