Chapter Twenty-four: Challenge

Luca's POV

"Nothing's wrong! Why does everyone keep saying that?" I snapped at everyone. Daniel laid on the ground and Aiden took a seat to my right. Awesome, the whole gang is here, except for my mate.

I can make a run for it, I just need a distraction.

"Hey look! Is that a rogue outside?!?" All their heads turned to the backyard and I took my chance running up the stairs.

"Alpha something is seriously going on!" Blake yelled loudly. All their yelling was cut off by me slamming the bedroom door.

I turned around and saw the worst thing ever.

His evil smirk and dirty hands around my mate.

"Hello, Alpha Mason."

Diana's POV

*** 15 minutes earlier ***

I felt bad leaving Luca all alone with Hayden, I can't even imagine how awkward this whole thing must be.

Well, this might be good for them. They can finally get to know each other and Luca can start opening up.

"That boy makes me go crazy," I muttered to myself, entering the welcoming coven of our bedroom. A sigh escaped my lips as the minted scent filled my nose.

First things first, get out of Luca's shirt. My hands grasped the hems of the large black shirt that covered my whole body. Soon enough, it was off. I was now left in my undergarments, might I even call it lingerie.

There was some sort of cold feeling in the room causing me to shiver and goosebumps to form all over my body. I ignored it.

Two warm hands went on my hips. They weren't Luca's. I immediately turned around and saw Xavier putting a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet.

"Please don't scream." Without a second thought, my mouth opened wanting to make a noise, but he covered it with his large palm, only small whimpers heard.

"Please, I need to speak to you. It is really important." He seemed genuinely scared, I didn't buy into it. My head shook from side to side, as I pulled his hand off of my mouth.

"W-what are you doing here?" My voice was hollow and quiet, but I knew Xavier heard.

"Diana, something really bad happened and I don't know how to tell you." My arms crossed over my somewhat covered chest even though his hands were still on my shoulders.

"What?" I snapped at him. He pulled me into his body causing me to let out an annoyed groan.

"Matt's been taken, Theo ambushed my pack and we are on the verge of surviving. I really need your help, Diana." Woah, that took a turn.

"Why the hell would Theo want to harm your pack?" I finally was able to get some air into my lungs. He pulled me into him again, my face squishing into his firm chest.

"Woah!" I yelled.

"Theo is wanting to become a King, I'm a king aren't I?" My hands made their way to his pecks, pushing him back once again, I grabbed a handful of his white v-neck.

"That doesn't make sense Xavier," He frowned, tilting his head to the side. I continued speaking.

"He is after Luca and me, there is no way in hell you should get involved into this all of a sudden, there is no reason for you too." His hands made their way to my waist, head resting on my collar bone.

I gulped loudly, my breath hitching. I jumped at the sound of the bedroom door slamming shut. My eyes met Luca's seeing nothing but pure anger. My mouth gaped from shock, Xavier seemed to notice my completely stiffened state. His eyes also met Luca's, a cheeky smirk slapped on his face.