Chapter Two: Lost

Luca's POV

I growled angrily, slamming my hand onto the wooden desk that sat in front of me. I looked up to see my Beta not amused at my behavior instead he rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry Luca, you'll find her soon," Blake said in a calm tone for the millionth time.

I sighed, groaning loudly.

"No, it's not okay. I was supposed to have her 5 years ago, and she still isn't here with me."

My mate was out there somewhere and I still wasn't able to find her. I have just started to give up hope, maybe, just maybe, I didn't have one.

Ignoring Blake, I decided to continue with the stacks of paperwork waiting for me. This conversation wasn't meant to occur, it just did.

"Luca, you need to talk about this! We are one of the largest packs excluding Alpha Tracey. We NEED a Luna Queen. What if we hooked you up with an Alpha's daughter. I could call Alpha Jackson or even Alpha Davis, They have daughters with Alpha blood. At this point, there is no reason to wait for your ma-"

"ENOUGH! AND THAT'S AN ORDER!" I yelled, using my Alpha tone.

Standing up from my chair, I feel my eyes darken and canines grow out. Blake nodded, bowing his head down in slight shame.

"Whatever you say, Alpha," he started to open my office door to head out before he left, he said, "You're are not the only one heartbroken, we all need our Queen."

The door slammed behind him.

I sighed, putting my hands in my face taking a seat, then grabbing a pen getting ready to sign off some of the paperwork.

My vision started to blur as tears began to well up in my emerald green eyes, I sniffed trying to prevent the tears from pouring.

My sadness was soon covered by anger, as my wolf kept trying to take over. I wanted to kill Blake right now, my frustration increased by the second.

I roared in anger, flipping my desk, and throwing my chair across the room. My breaths became heavy as I growled in pure anger. My wolf wants to come out. I roared louder, breaking anything near me.

I tug on my black hair quickly running out of my office. I needed to forget this conversation.

Running out of the Packhouse while taking a deep breath of fresh air, there were many things I needed to worry about and a mate wasn't one them.

I decided to check on the pack warriors, wanting to watch them train to calm me down. I saw Blake with his arms folded, watching them also.

I used all my strength to not kill him right then and there. I walked up next to him, folding my arms also, squinting my eyes from the sun, watching my warriors training well.

"I'm sorry," Blake said blandly.

With a sigh, I rest my right hand on his shoulder, patting him on the back.

"You're cleaning my office, I need everything fixed before tomorrow morning. That's an order."

I turned away watching my men and women shift into wolves and learning self-defense. The sound of Blake leaving left me to think. What if I really didn't have a mate? There have been incidents in the past, so it's not impossible.

My mind began to wonder, how she would have smelled, or how she would have looked.

If she was tall or short. My mind wandered to how it would feel every time we would touch, kiss, mate. No, no more thinking, this was distracting me.