Chapter Sixteen: Settled

Diana's POV

*****5 hours later*****

"Diana, baby please open the door," Luca asked as he knocked the door lightly.

I sniffled, walking to the door and unlocking it. I cuddled into Luca immediately as he picked me up.

My legs were on his waist and my arms around his neck. I'm sure I looked like a koala bear but I didn't care.

He walked to the bed and flopped down onto it, his legs dangling off the edge as I was still clinging onto him.

He pets my hair and scratched my head, making me feel sleepy. I moaned and smiled tiredly, trying not to drool.

"Mmm, don't stop please," I whispered.

He chuckled and continued. I looked up at him, my chin now resting on his chest.

"What do I do Luca?"

He sighed sitting up, making me now straddle him.

"Well, they believe in werewolves now." He muttered.

"What did you do?" I asked suspiciously.

"They hurt you, Diana! Nobody, not even your group should cause you any pain. I may or may not have gotten slightly angry...."

I rubbed my face, resting my forehead on his shoulder. I started laughing and shook my head.

"Did you scare them?"

He laid his head on mine.

"They were terrified."

I nodded, touching Luca's cheek.

"Good."

I started to think about what happened back in the kitchen. Why he thought I would leave him.

"What made you think that I was going to leave you?"

He stayed quiet and I felt his heartbeat rise.

"Luca, don't ever think that. I chose to give you a chance since the very first day and I don't regret any of it. Why would I just throw it all away?"

He finally replied to my response,

" I just thought...you finally found your group. That you would change your mind and forget all about me. You've known them longer than me."

I scoffed.

"I might have known them longer, but the love I have for them is different compared for the love I have for you,"

I put my head up, holding his cheeks.

"They showed me my faith and what family can be, you showed me everything including family."

Luca grinned giving me a peck on the lips. My stomach grumbled ruining the moment, I held it in embarrassment.

"Dinner time." He said while laughing slightly.

I tried getting off of him but he didn't let me. Luca stood up with my arm and legs still wrapped around him.

"Luca, honey, I can walk on my own," I told him in a joking manner.

"I know. But I want to make them angry." He whispered the last part making me roll my eyes.

We started walking down the stairs and immediately more than 5 pairs of eyes were on me.

I ignored them and Luca continued to walk into the kitchen. He set me down on the counter and asked me if I needed any help.

"Sure. The first thing I need help with is what should we make?" I asked.