45- p l a n n i n g

🦄Betty's Point Of View~

"Only you could plan a wedding in a 4 months B" Cheryl squealed walking around the boutique in her bridesmaids dress, admiring her long legs in the mirror and sipping champagne.

"Well after we pick these dresses up we're done" I said proudly watching her and Veronica and Toni dance around in their floor length baby pink gowns.

"I can't believe your getting married next week, your still my baby B" Cheryl shouted from the dressing room.

"I can't believe I'm getting married next week either!" I said as Ronnie and Toni came to sit next to me, we waited for Cheryl who was still in the dressing room.

"I'm so proud of you, your wedding is something I'll always remember, archiekins has splashed out on this big time, he's rented out a Porsche to drive us to the ceremony" Veronica purred picking up her bag and dragging me up with her.

"Well the maid of honour has something special planned for all the bridemaids and the bride, a hen night if you will" Cheryl said coming out her room.

So when Cheryl said hen night, I imagined alcohol and strippers but this was so much better. Massages and champagne. Just what I needed. Veronica nearly cried because her massage felt too good and Toni, well she just follows Cheryl wherever she goes, and today is one of them days where she's glad she came.

"Thankyou for this Cheryl" I said leaning into the sauna.

"Your welcome B, you know you deserve it" she said taking hold of my hand.

I squeezed it tight and smiled at her and then turned around to see Ronnie pour water over Toni because she had fallen asleep. The dynamics of our group, one has a child, one is a child, one looks after said child, the other torments said child.

Jugheads Point Of View-

A week and Betty cooper is Betty Jones. I loved the way that sounded, she was out getting the last few wedding things sorted and I had the day with my girl.

Usually it's Betty or Cheryl or Ronnie who dresses her and she's always in frills and headbands and tutus but today I was dressing her, the way I wanted.

She sat in her bouncer watching me shuffle around her room trying to find something that wasn't bright pink and I found a cute white summer dress and put that on her. I put on her frilly socks and took her out into the garden and started taking pictures of her with my camera. It was like our own little picnic.

She fiddled with my beanie as we lay on the grass, her hair had gotten so long and I separated her curls with my fingers and she giggled along, she was laughing at the clouds and in that moment I saw the whole world in her eyes.

It still amazes me how beautiful she is, she looks just like her mother but with my hair. The way it should be.

"When did you get so big baby girl" I said picking her up as I heard a car pulling up on the driveway.

She giggled and cooed and stuck her hands in my mouth and screamed with delight when I pretended to eat them, which obviously caused me to laugh, there's not a better sound in the world.

As I opened the door, three Aunty's, two uncles and a mommy walked in, the mommy especially smiley today.

"Any particular reason your so happy" I asked her giving her a kiss as she walked in.

"I'm getting married, next week, like 7 days" she buzzed making me go all soft.

"Are you kidding me? Me too! What day I might see you there" I joked and she just grinned at me.

"Daddy dress you today monkey? Your such a pretty girl" she cooed taking the baby away from me.

I went to download all the pictures of Bea onto my laptop and came across all the old photos of me and Betty in Bora Bora, it seemed like so long ago. So much had happened since then.

I made a little folder of our little family, there was tons of photos of Cheryl and Bea, the boys and Bea, Betty in her dressing gown feeding Bea. Happy pictures from the day she was born, there were pictures from the day we sorted Penny out. The pictures of my mom and dad meeting her. A picture of JB and Betty caught my eye.

They were hugging and laughing at the camera, the next one was of JB getting tickled to death by sweet pea, one of her and dad, and even one of her and Cheryl and Toni putting make up on in the mirror.

That's all JB has ever wanted really, a family.

I can't give her much but at least I can offer my crazy bunch.