23-t h e h a n g o v e r

🦄Betty's Point Of View~

The sunlight was creeping through the windows and lighting up he whole hut. It's was too bright for my tender eyes to handle so it took me a minute to adjust and actually open my eyes.

Jughead was snoring heavily, I turned my head to look at his face. The movement made my head pound and I got out of bed to find some pain killers and got two large bottles of water out of the fridge. I took the painkillers and gulped my water. Took Jugheads carton of cigarettes and sat on the porch to continue the reading I was doing on the plane.

"That woman is crazy, who teaches a 16 year old boy to use a gun. She had me shooting at cans all day and when I asked her why I was doing this. She said: so you can protect yourself when it comes to it. I cleaned the bar top to bottom, served the elders of the club until like 10pm got into 2 brawls because of how men treated the dancers and then got sent home at midnight and told be in whenever they called. I am exhausted and I've been here a year already. I've learnt how to fight and I've gotten pretty good at it, which scares me because by the looks of things, I'm only going to get better at it, after all I'm going to be here for the rest of my life.

But isn't there more to life than this? Apparently not. Still nobody turns their head for me at school which I've grown to be immune to. Their low opinions of me, the snickering, the rumours. But deep deep deep down I would like some friends. I'm not bothered by the fact I don't have a girlfriend like any other boy my age but someone to talk to every now and then would be pretty sweet. Alls I have is writing in these stupid books"

He was only 16 being worked like a slave and no one to confide in, it broke my heart because he is so lovely. He saved Veronica, he's saved me, he tried his hardest when he first met Cheryl and Archie for that matter. Maybe we're the first group of friends he ever got.

"I haven't written in one of these in forever. Today's my 18th birthday. Penny surprised me with a hooker and a bottle of jack. I gave the hooker my only birthday money which my mom sent me. $100 and told her sorry for wasting her time. I took the bottle of jack though and ended up at some stupid college frat party, I'm not sure exactly what happened but I know I peed my pants and woke up on the floor of the bar with penny and a gun to my head. She asked me what the fuck I thought I was doing, I said celebrating my birthday, she said I nearly got them caught on some big robbery and I said so shoot me and she did but missed. And I got dragged home by some crook. And that was my birthday, what a fucking story"

My god, who would do such a thing.

Just as I put the book down and threw my bag over it to hide Jughead walked out into the porch scratching his stomach and yawning.

"Morning baby" I giggled.

"Morning" he smiled and sat sideways on the lounger facing me and lighting a cigarette his head hung low.

"What's the best way to shake this hangover then" he said running his fingers through his hair.

"Greasy food, lots of water, sweat it out and...." I trailed off. This was mine and Cheryl mantra for a hangover but it was embarrassing so I kicked myself opening my big fat mouth.

"And...?" He asked.

"Sex" I finished shaking my head.

"Really"he said leaning over to my lounger and kissing me which I got sucked into because I have no control when it comes to him.

"Stop, i'm sticky and gross" I laughed. "I need to have a shower" I added.

"What to get even more sticky and gross after it." He argued.