30-O M G

🦄Betty's Point Of view~

The house didn't feel like home. We redecorated the master bedroom. My mom and dads old room. It now had a floor to ceiling mirrored wardrobe against the far room and plush cream carpets. A crushed velvet gold bed with two black beside cabinets on either side of the large bed in the middle of the room pushed up against a wall. Two little gold lamps accompanied these tables and the walk in bathroom had a black shower curtain, gold toilet seat and two gold mirrors, next to the his and hers basins.

The rest of the house was crystal white. I didn't even recognise it any more. There was constantly flowers on every surface and it looked nothing like my old home, I felt bad for liking it better this way.

It's now April and I have been teaching at Riverdale high for about a month now, it's crazy to be on the other side of it, teaching instead of learning. I do a health and social class and it's the most fun I've had working since my little Cora.

Jughead runs the register, my mom left it for me, but  I haven't written anything since the blue n gold back in high school, the school paper. I sat in that room everyday on my own and poured my heart and soul into those articles. Nobody ever read them though.

"What do you do on a Riverdale Sunday morning then" jughead came from the back garden, obviously smoking.

"Plan a lesson that I have to teach tomorrow" I grumbled.

"Or we could plan our one year anniversary, what do you want to do?" He laughed pulling me to his side and grabbing a banana from the basket.

"There's not much to do here" I laughed.

"Well I've been on the hunt, there's the bijou , pops, the drive in" he said rubbing my back.

"I promise I will think of something exceptional" I smiled taking a bite of his banana and letting my frizzy hair down.

I half expected him to follow me, like he always does.
But he didn't. I wondered why. And when I turned around he was hanging his head low at the table.

"Babe what's up" I shouted resting my arm on the bannister and staring down the hall into the kitchen.

"I'll figure it out" he said back weakly.

"Is it something a good shower won't fix?" I teased him and smiled to myself knowing I had got him. He got up to follow me and I ran up the stairs before he could and into the bathroom.

"Are you going to tell me what's up? Or are you going to just wash my hair in silence" I said brushing my teeth as he dashed into the shower and I heard the hot water come on.

"Silence" he murmured back and I looked in the mirror a surge of panic prickling my scalp.

"Well then I chose to sleep in the guest room tonight" I huffed walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, gathering my notes and folders and work and headed to the guest bedroom.

I noticed I became a literally grumpy, out of the blue, for no reason at all. I realised this and was too stubborn to apologise so I left him to it and waited for him to come to me.

Hardly even concentrating on my lesson plan, I decided to make my class revise pages 12-22 in the revision guides and answer the questions on those pages and setting a small homework out due for Tuesdays lesson period 4.

My pen tapped against my folder as I heard foot steps come to the door. It was him, with a cup of tea, his version of an olive branch.

"Since when are we that couple?" I asked him stony faced, anger bubbling up again.

"What couple?" He asked.