39- m o m m y

🦄Betty's Point Of View ~

It was Christmas. We were discharged from the hospital at about noon and she was asleep in the arms of Jughead. I couldn't help but feel guilty, having the best time of my life and not even thinking about my mom and dad.

"Jughead, I'm going to lay some flowers at my moms and dads grave, look after her okay?" I said giving Bea a kiss and grabbing my keys.

First stop was the floristry roses for my mom. Peonies for my dad. He always loved them because my mom was allergic to them.

I pulled up in the car, over whelming sadness washing over me, I've been so caught up in carrying on with my life that I had forgotten how much that I actually missed them.

Here lies Alice&Harold Cooper.
Mom and dad, friends of the whole town
1971-2017   1970-2017

I lay the flowers down and cleared the old dead ones and looked around the snow to find only me in this dreary graveyard.

"Merry Christmas guys" I said and without warning my eyes over flowed with tears and I aches to see them, I aches for them to meet Bea. To see her first steps. Her first word. Her first tooth. My dad to walk me down the aisle. My mom to plan my perfect wedding.

"Let me start by saying, I miss you so much, a lot has happened since you went. My life has only just began and you've missed it all." I said wiping a tear away from my face and looking up at the sky, fiddling with the dead flowers in my hand.

I crouched down to wipe the snow flakes that were falling onto the head stone and then just stayed there.

"We have a daughter, Bea Alice Jones. She's perfect, she's so beautiful mom she would steal your heart. She definitely has your stubbornness, she didn't want to come out" I said with a chuckle.

"And also I'm getting married, to the beanie wearing hoodlum. I wish you got to know him. He's the only thing that's been keeping me going since you died. I think he's actually in love with me. I don't know why but somehow he is. He treats me right and he's saved my life, made it better. Gave me the most beautiful little girl on the planet." I continued sobbing.

"I'm so happy and I just want to apologise, your not going to be able to see me at my wedding, be there for Bea's first birthday. But I hope you guys are watching me, are proud of me. I'm trying so hard, but sometimes I don't know what I'm doing and sometime I wish I had my mommy, because I miss you mom. So freaking much. I act like I have my life together and I do, but I just need some guidance, and I'm lost without you guys." I sobbed again feeling more emotional by the second and then I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"That's bullshit" it said softly and I turned to see Jughead with the stroller standing over by the tree.

"You are the most strong person I know! If anything you are the one keeping us together so please, give yourself a little credit, your doing everything right." He said giving me a hug and welcomed it, it felt so nice to just be here in the quiet. In the snow. As a family, even if it was a graveyard.

Then my phone started to ring and it was an unknown number.

"Who could it be?" I asked Jughead and he shrugged.

"Put it on speaker" he said and I clicked the answer button.

"Hey blondie" It cackled.

"What do you want Penny!" I cried and Jugheads eyes filled with fear and alarm.

"Well I thought I'd drop by, see your new addition, I've been watching you, I want back what's mine, or I'll take the most important thing of yours."