34- s h e s b a c k

🦄Betty's Point Of View~

We were driving through the south side to go to the target that was just outside of Riverdale in greendale when we saw her.

She stepped out and turned around to speak to someone, she was laughing and it made me feel sick when I saw penny's face. Penny Fucking Peabody.

My hands automatically reached for my stomach, protecting my little bean in my stomach that was no more than ten centimetres long.

"What the fuck" Jughead said driving past slowly.

"Looks like she's not fucking godmother" I said and pointed at the road, as of to say keep on driving.

"Babe there will be an explanation for that" Jughead insisted.

"I don't care, when she wants to explain I'll hear her out but I doubt she's even going to tell me" I said getting angry now.

"I hear you" he agreed with me and I got my phone out to send Veronica a text.

Me
I was thinking about giving you the position of god mother to my baby, but imagine my surprise when I saw you with Penny Peabody out of all people V🙄

"Did you just text her?" Jug asked.

"Yep" I said getting the packet of Doritos out of my bag and stuffing them in my face.

"I might need Cheryl soon" Jughead said ominously.

"What for?" I smiled squinting my eyes at him.

"Date night" he grinned and pulled into the car park of target.

"Date night at home, or date night out because non of my clothes fit me anymore" I sulked.

"Date night out, a good date night" he laughed.

"Plus that's why we need Cheryl, I'll give you my card and you can buy yourself something pretty" he added putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the shop.

About half an hour later, I was deciding on what colour paints to buy when I felt my phone buzz. It was a big long paragraph from Veronica.

🖤Veronica
I can explain everything B! It's a long story, starting when you left New York, there's been a lot going on lately and after the funeral, you moving into your new home, getting a job and getting pregnant I haven't really had time to tell you. It's bad, real bad, but not so bad that I can't fix. I know how this looks and after everything Penny has done to you two I wouldn't never in a million years dream of joining the dark side! SOS vixens meeting? X

I read it out loud to jughead and he rolled his eyes.

"This better be good" he said tossing a pack of pacifiers into the cart. I then got too distracted by all the tiny baby clothes. Three packets of vests, two big soft blankets, 5 boxes of diapers and a whole lot of other stuff later I realised o had forgotten to text Ronnie back.

Me
Me and Jughead are on our way home, be at my house for 12 and explain yourself, because I'm starting to think you weren't telling me the whole truth in New York that night we got fangs and Pea out.

We had only just got home and packed the stuff in our baby cupboard when the door bell went. Jughead went to get it whilst I was rummaging around for some food because this baby never stops eating.

I found some peanut butter and sat eating it out of a jar as I waited for Ronnie to come in.

"Are you mad?" She winced.

"Depends on what your about to tell me doesn't it" I said sitting down with my peanut butter.

She watched me lick the spoon and pulled a face but I chose not to throw the tub at her head, that would of been very childish. My hand still twitched though.