32-T h e. V e r d i c t

🦄Betty's Point Of View~

"Jughead, what am I thinking, I can't even get pregnant" I sighed, the timer ticking away and we sat there hands entwined against the bath.

"Maybe that's not true anymore" I noticed he was staring blankly at the wall.

"Your not going to love me when I get fat and have stretch marks, my boobs will be out of control and it's just going to ruin my body" I nearly sobbed, this is either going to make or break us.

"You won't get fat, you'll get round! And bigger boobs? Who wouldn't want that? Stretch marks? Have you not heard a drake song recently that's the fashion apparently" he chuckled trying to give me a little bit more confidence and it did. It made me laugh.

"If I am what do you want" I smiled up at him who was staring down at me.

"A healthy baby" he said with out hesitation.

"I mean a boy or a girl?"

"Well what do you want?" He asked him.

"A boy" I replied.
"A little baby Jughead, I've thought about this quite a lot and it would be an honour to name my son after his father" I chuckled.

The little timer beeped and we both just froze, avoiding to look at the counter where he test was sat.

"Whatever happens, I still love you" Jughead smiled and squeezed my hands.

I steadied my self standing up and leaning over the counter, picking up the white stick with trembling hands. I flipped it over and brought it close to my face.

And there it was. The result. The verdict if you will. Those unholy two lines. It was a clear blue so I told me I was about 4 weeks.

"Now I'm pregnant does this mean we can't have sex?" I laughed showing Jughead the stick.

"Your pregnant?" He shouted, over joyed.

"We're pregnant" I said stunned at how happy he was.

"I'm going to be a dad" he said picking me up and spinning me around.

Wow, this change of heart was refreshing. I think it was the confirmation, all that he needed was to know exactly whether or whether not were going to be parents.

"Jughead Jones, if you don't marry me by the time our baby is five I'm going to kick your ass" I laughed still in his arms as he carried me into our bedroom.

"Betty, I've wanted to marry you since Bora Bora" he chuckled and my heart did a triple back flip and the butterflies increased tenfold in my stomach.

"I've wanted to marry you ever since you got me knocked up" I teased giving him a long kiss on the lips, melting into it.

When he put me down I put in my pyjamas and we got into bed. Stealing sweet kisses, both of us high on life, overjoyed that we were going to have a baby.

"I want to know, as soon as possible, so I can get the nursery done" I whispered in the darkness, falling asleep on his chest.

"Me too, we need the best stroller money can buy, stock up on diapers, formula, baby clothes, I wonder what Cheryl's going to say" Jughead laughed in the darkness twisting his fingers in my hair.

"Shit Cheryl" my eyes widened.

I sent her a text after shuffling around in the darkness to find my phone.

Me
Cheryl, can you be at my house early tomorrow morning, with Toni? X

Cheryl❤️
Of course, what's going on xxxx

Me
A surprise!🤭

Cheryl❤️
I love surprises! Be there at 10:30 x

I then had to text Archie. If I texted Veronica she would know straight away and I want them all to find out at the same time.

Me
Hey arch, I need you over here at 10:30 tomorrow morning, bring Ronnie, but don't tell her I've asked you guys over, just make out your casually stopping by

Archie Andrews
Sure thing B, well be there, goodnight!

Me
Thankyou Archie, goodnight!

I all of a sudden felt a wave of sadness as I got back into bed, I laid back down on Jugheads chest and I felt a tear run down my face.

"What's wrong!" Jughead said flying up and grabbing my shoulders.

"My mom and dad, they won't ever meet the baby" I sniffed.

"Baby" He cooed as I settled back into his chest and he stroked my hair.

We fell asleep quickly after that, exhausted from the days events. I struggled to sleep at first, now I know my little bean is cooking in there I was careful not to smush the little guy. I could feel Jugheads fingers tracing circles on my little tummy, already showing so much love towards our bean.

I slept deeply that night, dreaming of a little black haired baby, asleep in my arms, jughead came home from work with pops for us both and we sat and ate burgers until we were stuffed. Until the baby started to stir as an alarm was set off I realised it was my alarm and I had to prepare for some of the biggest moments of my life: telling my friends.

👑Jugheads Point Of View~

To describe this feeling, in a word: intense. Cheryl sat and stared eyes wide, the all did.

"What's so urgent B" Cheryl prompted.

"Me and Jughead have some news" she spoke.

"It would mean the world to us if you guys just supported us through this" I added.

Betty had the test behind her back and I was eyeing it over her shoulder.

"Cheryl? What's the one thing in this world that scares me the most" I said looking over to her.

"Not having kids" Cheryl shrugged.

"So here's the thing" Betty started pulling the test out from behind her and twirling it through her fingers.

"It's a happy accident to say the least" I said putting my arms around Betty and looking at our friends.

"ELIZABETH COOPER OH MY GOD" Cheryl squealed tears running down her face and hugging me and hugging Betty and hugging Toni.

"Congratulations Babe" Veronica said giving her a hug.

"I'm so stoked dude" Archie said giving me one of those weirdo bro hugs.

"But I do have one question" Cheryl smiled up at Betty.

"Who's the dilf in your kitchen" she laughed Pointing over to FP.

"That's grandpa jones" Betty giggled.

"What grandpa, really! It's true? Betty, for- JUGHEAD, that's so great" FP beamed hugging me and spinning me around.

This will go down as the best day of my life. But a thought that kept nagging at me was: what's stopping me from marrying Elizabeth cooper.