1- t h e e n d o f a n e r a

🦄Betty's Point of View~

"Cheryl do you really have to do this?" I sobbed handing my best friend her last box of stuff.

"I do B, I will come and visit when I get back on my feet" Cheryl promised me her fiery red hair tickling my nose as she hugged me tight.

"I love you" I said leaning into her car and giving her a kiss on the forehead and wiping away a tear from her pale skin.

"I love you too, see you soon Cooper" she laughed through a sob and I stood there at the kerb in my fluffy sweater and pyjama pants on the streets of New York waving my lifeline off up the road.

I don't know how I'm going to take care of myself with out her but it's time I become more independent I am a grown woman for Christ's sake. 21. If I am old enough to drink alcohol I am old enough to learn how to use a washing machine.

I think!

I turned back around walking through the grimy wooden doors back up to our apartment. I unlocked the door with the key I was twirling around my thumb and looked around at my now empty apartment.

It took me two hours to try and find away to get it feeling a bit homely. I like to think my apartment has a similar sort of layout to Monica's in friends.

And it does. As you walk to your left is a small kitchen area that's always gleaming clean. Mine and Cheryl's situation was that I clean and she cooks, I wouldn't know where to start in the kitchen.

After exhausting myself I snuggled up on our couch, well it's just my couch now and looked on a website called "roommates.houses.apartments.com" in search for a new room.

Great. There was only one advertisement for someone looking for a room mate in the area that I live in. I clicked on his advertisement.
"J. Jones:
Looking for a room to rent, I work some nights a week and have a steady pay to help with rent. I don't have much stuff and won't take up loads of space call me on the number linked below of any if you could help . Thanks in advance"

There was nothing more than that, and it sounded pretty legit. I clicked on the link to find the phone number and immediately dialled it on my phone.

A man answered sounding confused.
"Hi, um my names betty cooper I saw your advertisement looking for a room and I have a spare room if you would like to come and have look, see if you want to rent it?" I asked hoping to sound confident.

"I could be there in the next hour if your not busy?" He asked.

"That will be fine I'll text you the address" I said nothing more and hung up the phone.

I immediately texted Cheryl.

Me
I found a potential room mate, hopefully he isn't a murderer!

Cheryl💗
Be careful B and kick him out straight away if you get any weird vibes, he's probably one of those dorky guys who wear comic t-shirts and wear reading glasses😂

Me
I could deal with that if it mean I can keep living here!

Cheryl💗
Text me and let me know how it goes I'm getting back on the free way will call when I'm back in Riverdale X

I left it at that and went to get changed, I couldn't welcome a potential roommate in my pyjamas, that would of been embarrassing.

I chose some blue skinny jeans and my white tank top, I was trying to make it look like I've been busy all day not just sat around moping until 5pm.