18- b a b i e s

🦄Betty's Point Of View~

We drove home together the next morning, Jughead and I. It was a long trip and I had to stop and get food twice along the way. Our first stop was at subway and then some 3 hours later I was hungry again for greasy food. It must be the hangover.

"What do you want?" Jughead asked me as we stopped in some truck stop diner.

"Get me a bottle of Diet Coke, some fries and some grilled sandwich of some sort" I asked him as I went to the bathroom.

When I came back he was leaning over the bar reading something on his phone with a bottle of Diet Coke in his hand. I took it out of his hand and opened it.

"That's mine" he whined.

"Since when did you drink diet" I laughed licking the top of the bottle and then giving it back to him.

"You really think I'm not gonna drink it now?" He said referring to me licking his bottle to wind him up.

"Germs and stuff" I replied.

"Betty my tongue has been in your.." He was cut off by the waitress who gave us our bag of food.

"$12.80" she said in a bored tone.

I was scarlet red just incase she heard Jughead talking about the various places his tongue has been. And then I started thinking about where his tongue has been and bit my lip.

"Come on coop" he said putting his arm around my shoulder and leading me out of the diner.

"We should go on a vacation" I said when we were on the road for ten minutes or so.

"When I get a new job we will most definitely go on vacation" he agreed.

"I love going abroad, bikinis and martinis and sun sand and then it's usually wrecked by my mother telling me I've put on weight and to cover up" I laughed.

"Yet your all skin and bones Betts" he raised his eyebrows.

"Where shall we go then?" I asked him.

"Hawaii, Bora Bora, Egypt, Greece, Spain, France, wherever you want to go" he replied.

"Hawaii sounds good but I don't want to like get stuck in the middle of a volcano eruption" I said lighting a cigarette and winding the window down.

"When we get home we will decide" Jughead replied.

"Want half?" I asked him gesturing to my ciggy.

"Nah just give me one" he said and leaned over as I plopped in in his mouth and lit it for him.

I turned the radio on and stuck my legs on the dash board crossing them then over and turned the radio up. Jugheads favourite band was playing.

"What's this song" I asked him.

"Unsteady by x- ambassadors" he replied.

"I like it, it's sad" I grinned.

"Like me" he said.

"Why are you sad" I said dragging on my cigarette.

"Things are good" he replied and his response confused me a lot.

"So if things are good surely you should be happy?" I said but it was more of a question.

"When things get good bad things always happen, that's why sometimes I'm distant I don't want to get too close because something bad will happen and I'll lose the good thing in my life" he explained.

"We live in a shitty apartment in New York, you work in a library, your girlfriend is a complete physco how much worse can it get?" I put my hand on the back of the seat playing with his hair.