3-t h e f i r s t r e b e l l i o u s a c t

👑Jugheads Point Of View~

I had already seen a lot of different sides to Betty so far. Happy Betty. Sad Betty. Funny Betty. House wife Betty. Girly Betty. And now grunge Betty.

It suited her, all these sides to her. It did, it was refreshing, every other girl is text book. What you see is what you get, but with Betty she's a closed book, hard to read. It made her mysterious, intriguing, fascinating.

We were walking down the streets of a dark NYC and every now and then she would stop to laugh at something or make a comment about how cold it is. I followed slightly behind her, admiring her happy out look on life.

"I have to go to work tomorrow 8–4 But I'll be back to cook us some dinner, if your not in just text me and I'll leave you food in the microwave." She said catching my attention again.

"I thought you couldn't cook, and where do you work?" I asked happily finding out more about her.

"I'm a carer, so everyday I get assigned a new child, with like special needs, or development issues, kids with Down syndrome or autism and I take them out, paint with them what ever they want to do" Betty explained.

"What made you want to go into that line of work then" I questioned.

"Well it's not fair that I get to live this great life and they don't, it's the least I could do, sometimes the girls just want to feel pretty so I'll do their hair, there's one girl, her names spencer-Lou and she has down syndrome and she was really down when I first started working with her, now every time I look after her we go and get our hair done and it makes her feel beautiful" Betty beamed.

"That actually the best thing I've ever heard!" I beamed back at her smiling down at her and she blushed a-bit stealing a peek at me through her eyelashes.

"We're here" She said abruptly turning into a small Chinese restaurant.

"Fucking love Chinese food!" I laughed holding the door open for her as she skipped in and took of her jacket draping it over a chair.

~the roommate~

We walked back from dinner laughing about the fortunes we got in our fortune cookies.

Mine read: "your heart desires something you do not need, but soon you won't be able to live with out it!"

"Well if I don't need it why won't I be able to leave with out it?" I chuckled.

"Might be talking about your beanie?" Betty giggled and immediately stopping in her tracks.

"Can we walk a different way, I don't like big groups of men." She nodded towards the men and I looked over to where she was looking.

"Just don't look at them and put your arm around me" I said carrying on walking in the same direction.

I slung my arm around Betty's shoulders and she snaked her arm around my waist leaning into my chest as we walked.

We walked past the men and they glared at me as I walked past them slightly smirking.

It was an undeniable truth that Betty was beautiful. Everybody noticed it, so when i walked past those men with my arms around her they were blatantly jealous. It made me buzz a little bit inside.

"Thanks juggie" Betty smiled shyly pulling away from me and bashfully looking at her feet.

"It's okay" I said feeling slightly winded at her cute nick name she had for me.

She stopped outside a small building with glass sliding doors.

"That's adams shop" Betty frowned.
"What does he sell?" I asked.
"Antiques, it smells like old dead people in there, I'd love to just throw a brick right through those fucking doors" she said obviously starting to feel angry.
"Why don't you" I laughed jokingly.