9-t h e d a y o f f

👑Jugheads Point Of View~

Once a month each Betty and I get a day off at the same time so we treat as a date day/ date night.

It had been a week since Betty's encounter with Adam so she was apprehensive about going out at night. We didn't know whether they let him go, if he was still in custody.

"Babe nothings going to happen Your with me" I argued.

"I know all's I'm saying is I would prefer to go out during the day" she whined.

We were sat in her room on her crisp white sheets and I was playing with the fairy lights that were draped above her bed by the shelf that was full of pictures from her high school.

I noticed one of her and Cheryl and a black haired girl I didn't know.

"Betty cooper were you a cheer leader!" I gasped.

"I was HBIC" she giggled.

"And that is?"

"Head bitch in charge" she said.

"So what was it like Riverdale high" I asked, I loved getting to know Betty more, after all I've only lived with her for just under two months.

"Just a typical high school. There was the bulldogs, the school football team, the vixens, us cheerleader. There were the usual burn outs and stoners and the rich kids, but I didn't belong to a clique" she explained.

"Why not?"

"Well in between being HBIC and keeping up my perfect 4.0, I was struggling with depression and heavy anxiety so I put a lot of pressure on myself to keep up this perfect facade. If people asked me to hang out outside of school, I was always studying or grounded, when really I was absolutely terrified of leaving the house incase my hair wasn't perfect" she frowned as she spoke.

"There was a wreck less period of my high school life near the end were all I did was party, sneak out, not come home when I was supposed to and Cheryl was there for me and helped me back onto the path of saneness so I guess she's my guardian angel" she said perking up abit more.

"Sounds crazy" I blurted out.

"Riverdale is one of those towns where everyone knows everyone, my sister polly got pregnant when she was 16 and it was the talk of the town for months, that's why my dearest mother has a stick up her ass, she wants us all to be as perfect as her so no one ever comes across our dirty laundry." She scoffed.

"I'd like to go to this Riverdale" I smiled.

"Why don't we go then, it's like two and a half hours away?" Betty beamed.

"I can show you all of my spots I used to go when I was a reckless stupid teenager" she added.

"Get your shit together cooper were going on a road trip" I shouted smacking her butt on the way out of the door grabbing my keys.

She came out five minutes later with a big bag of clothes.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Your pyjamas, my pyjamas, our toothbrushes and toiletries" she replied.

"Well who's house are we having a sleep over at" I laughed.

"My moms" she replied cooly.

"That means..." I trailed off.

"Yep, were telling her and you can see my old room, how fun is this" she laughed.

I rushed her out of the door and locked it behind us grabbing her bag for her and putting it in the boot of the car before speeding off up the road.