Chapter 27

" Sara your dear husband was looking for you", Veronica said as Sara arrived at the ranch.

" Yes , I've spoken to him", Sara answered sadly.

" what's wrong? Did you guys have another fight ?", Veronica gazed at her sister with concern.

"No we did not , he needs some help at the ranch.I have to go there", Sara said patting Junior goodbye.

As Sara walked away, Veronica looked at her sister .
" When she arrived here this morning she was smiling, now she is all sad. Even I can't understand her, but one thing for sure.., my sister is in love with Fabian!", Veronica said leaning against Junior's stall and Junior neighed as if he agreed with what she said.

Sebastian must know something since he is there working on the ranch.I will ask him when we meet later, Veronica said to herself as she walked towards the house.

Her phone rang and she smiled when she saw it was Sebastian, " Hello the most handsome man in the world", Veronica said smiling.

" Yes , I was just thinking about you. Are we meeting tonight?", Veronica asked twirling her hair like a love sick teenager.

" See you later my love", Veronica said hanging up the phone.

Sebastian hung up the phone smiling, he was trying to finish with all the paperwork early so that he could meet up with Veronica.His grandfather walked in the office all dressed up ,

" Oh my who's heart is he going to break today?", Sebastian said with a big smile. His grandfather laughed as he sat down .

"I am meeting with some investors and tonight you will be going to dinner with their company's lawyer", his grandfather said patting his coat.

" Dinner., tonight ?!", Sebastian asked with a surprise tone, thinking about her plans with Veronica.

" Why son, do you have other plans?", his grandfather asked.

" No no , nothing important", Sebastian lied since he hasn't said anything to his grandfather about Veronica. He wanted to be hundred percent sure that she was the one , because he respected his grandfather a lot and didn't want to bring just any woman to his home.

His mother left him in the care of his grandfather after she got married and preferred to travel the world than to look after her child. He never met his father because his mother never told him who he was except that he was a love story made in Rome.
He owed everything to his grandfather and will not bring any woman who will not love and respect him.
I will tell Veronica that I have to work late,Sebastian thought at the same time thinking that he didn't like lying to her anymore.
I have to tell her the truth before she finds out who I really am, Sebastian said to himself.

"I heard she is s very beautiful young woman, so please behave", his grandfather said and winked at him as he left his office.

"And it had to be a woman!", Sebastian said when his grandfather left.

Sara arrived on the ranch and as she pulled up in the parking space, she noticed Farrah coming out from the ranch all dressed up getting into her car. Sara couldn't believe it, she gave herself to Fabian last night and today his lover was at the house.
Farrah drove past her and looked at her and smiled, and to top it off she has to make fun of me! Why wouldn't she?  I feel like such an idiot ... just breathe Sara go do your job, she said to herself.
She caught a glimpse of herself in the rear view mirror and fixed her hair ,as she looked at her clothes all dirty and she thought of how beautiful Farrah looked walking out in that jumpsuit and her heels . Her blonde hair always nice and shiny compared to hers .

" Why m I comparing myself with that woman?!", she asked herself.

She didn't want to see Fabian now ,so she walked to Paolo's office instead of going to the house first .
She knocked on his door and he asked her to come in.

" Oh it's you Sara, Fabian told me you were coming. He had disappeared for quite a while , I have to call him", Paolo said .

Doesn't surprise me where he has been.. bastard!Sara wanted to shout but instead she got herself busy looking through the documents that Paolo had given her.

" So ... what do think?", Paolo asked her .

" I think we need to run more tests. I can take some samples to my clinic today and run some tests on them if you allow me to do so", Sara said , thinking this way she will be too busy to come back here tonight.After seeing Farrah around, Sara didn't want to see Fabian.

" That's a great idea but we need to wait for Fabian's approval", Paolo answered.

" Oh .. true", Sara said feeling her plan to stay at her parents tonight will not happen.

" What happened to the cow?", Sara asked.

" Unfortunately it had to be put down and the workers burned it far away from the field", Paolo answered.

" Well I suppose that was the best precautionary measure , hopefully no one was tempted to take a piece home", Sara said and Paolo had to laugh.

"Have you taken water samples from the sources around the ranch and the fields?", Sara questioned as she looked at the samples.

" Yes Ma'am !", Paolo answered smiling.

"It could be something genetics as well , I would have loved to examine the animal myself.. anyways as a fellow veterinarian I have to trust your work", Sara said smiling at Paolo.

At the same time Fabian walked in and looked at them smiling at each other .

" Oh Fabian, good you are here . You disappeared for a while there", Paolo said and Sara walked away from the doorway and turned to see Fabian's face when Paolo said that.

Fabian avoided eye contact with Sara, as he walked opposite her and stood next to Paolo.
Sara bent her head as she smiled and folded her arms on her chest , the idiot cannot even look at me!, she thought, as Paolo mentioned her name in his conversation with Fabian she lifted her head and smiled at them. She kept her conversation professional towards the both of them and she could see that Fabian was surprised with what she suggested about running the tests tonight at her clinic.

" I can do these tests tonight since I have some tests to run for my father tomorrow", Sara said.

Fabian knew that Sara wanted to do this to avoid being with him tonight and he wondered what happened, since earlier she had a changed of attitude.To her surprise which made her more angry when Fabian said that he had no issue with her running those tests tonight. She felt her anger was going to overlap so she excused herself as she took the samples from Paolo and walked out quickly.
Fabian noticed that Sara was upset and he had to talk to her. He excused himself and ran after Sara but she was already in her Jeep and driving away.

" Well Fabian King you are totally free to go to your Farrah!", Sara said as she saw him in her rear view mirror.