Chapter 21

Sara arrived at the ranch , Veronica came out to meet her.

" Sara! What happened yesterday?", her sister asked anxiously.

Which part ,the accident or me letting Fabian take me for a fool!?, Sara said to herself.

" One of the horse from the King's ranch got badly injured and I went to help", Sara answered walking towards her clinic.

She placed the medicines inside the small cabinet next to her desk and told her sister that she was starving.

" Mum made your favorite , banana bread ", Veronica said and Sara walked faster towards the house.

The two sister burst into laughter  as it reminded them of the time they were small when their mother will bake their favorite bread or cookies. They will fight to wash their hands first so that they could be the first one to be seated at the dining table to have the first piece.

Sara saw her father there sitting at the breakfast table , he looked at her as if looking for her approval if he could stay.
Sara greeted both of them and sat down at the table,

" Thank you ma! You are a darling... just want I needed", Sara said kissing her mother on her cheek as she took a sit next to her.

Her dad excused himself as he grabbed his hat and boots and walked out.

" He is working hard on the ranch.He paid off his debt and haven't been out since then", her mother said.

" I wonder for how long!", Sara said.

" Sara please don't jinx that change in your father .He is really sorry for how things ended, he told me himself", Her mother said holding her daughter's hands .

" Well the damages have already been done! I'm going to the clinic", Sara said.

" Can I come with you ... to help ?", Veronica asked.

Sara and her mother looked at each other and her mother laughed.

" Why are you laughing? For once be happy that I want to help Sara", Veronica said putting her hands on her hips.

" That's why I'm laughing, because I'm happy", her mother replied with a smile.

" Let's go then my assistant", Sara said as she looked at their mother and winked.

" So Vero, what happened with Sebastian, your foreman... since he must have had something to do with your sudden interest in working with me", Sara asked then she continued,
" Trying to impress him with your knowledge about animals?", Sara asked smiling, mocking her sister.

" You didn't see him at the ranch yesterday?", Veronica asked.

" I don't know maybe , there were so many workers there", Sara replied storing the medicines in the cabinet.

"He is the most handsome foreman I have ever met... Well I usually use to stay away from his kind but ,not anymore.. and his kisses...", Veronica said dreamily and Sara thought about Fabian's kiss.

She quickly brushed away the images of last night as she looked at her little sister so taken by that Sebastian. She just hoped he will not deceived her ,since most of the men from that Ranch are liars! She was actually thinking about Fabian.
Veronica sat down quietly and observed her sister , she was also thinking about her date tonight with Sebastian.

" Sara... I'm meeting him tonight", Veronica confessed to her sister.

Sara looked up at her and walked to where she was seated and pulled a chair and sat in front of her .