Chapter 20

Sara opened her mouth and kissed Fabian back . She allowed him to slip his tongue into her mouth. The sweet taste of the hot chocolate from his lips made her want more. Hidden  desires built up inside her making her want to do things that she had never done before  . She sucked on his lips softly and she heard him moaned her name. Sara suddenly stopped and moved back.

" Sorry Fabian ... we should get some sleep.. goodnight", Sara said in a hurry as she moved to her blanket and lied down with her back turned to him. Sara couldn't believe that she was letting herself get carried away like that.

"But gosh he is so good! His kiss is like a drug that makes you want to come back for more.I wonder what it will be like to make love to him!", Sara thought.

Oh my .... make love to a guy like Fabian he will probably laugh at me... I'm still a Virgin!,Sara said to herself, she slowly turned around and looked at Fabian his eyes were closed  but he had a soft smile on his face.

Gosh I'm so glad he can't read minds , as my thoughts will only make him laugh, Sara said as she closed her eyes.

Fabian  had been pretending that he was sleeping. He slowly opened his eyes , he pulls himself up to a sitting position and looked at her. She was sleeping with her back turned towards him . Her long auburn hair was all over the place , she had curled up in a ball and Fabian took the blanket that he was sitting on and put it over her as he gently  touched her hair and smelled it. The sweet smell of apple filled his nostrils, " that's what my shower smells of nowadays,apples and strawberries ", he softly said still holding her hair in his hand.

He winced in pain as he got up to his feet, the wound was annoying him a bit and he needed to take some pain killers. He looked at Gabriel and then walked out of the stall. He stood in the door way and looked at Sara sleeping, " Goodnight Sara", he whispered .
Fabian closed the stable door and went back inside to his bedroom. He laid there in bed thinking about Sara,
" That's woman is passionate.The way she kisses so sweet and tender. I could feel she was enjoying it as much as I was.But why did she stop!? Could it be that she still doesn't trust me? At least I've tasted the sweet lips of Sara Carter... smelly Sara... Staying away from each other ,I think it's for the best",Fabian said to himself as the painkillers took effect and he fell asleep.

Sara woke up  to something wet on her face. She opened her eyes, " Gabriel!", she exclaimed as the horse was standing next to her licking her face.
She stood up and hugged the horse tightly,

" I knew you are a fighter, but you need to rest boy", she said looking around the stall , she was looking for Fabian but she noticed she was alone. She put her head against Gabriel as she remembered last night ,she put her hand to her mouth and touched her lips with her fingertips and smiled.

" Penny for your thoughts", someone said.

Sara's face blushed when she saw Fabian standing there looking at her,

" Oh... Hi... Gabriel is up!", Sara said finishing her sentence with a happy tone.

Fabian handed her a cup of coffee, she took it and thanked him.
How thoughtful, She said to herself.

"Gabriel boy!", Fabian said entering the stall.

Sara noticed that he looked better as well.
Fabian hugged his horse which rested its head on his shoulder, " Careful boy , daddy got injured as well. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that", Fabian said to his horse.

Sara put down the cup and looked at his leg, she needed to change the bandages and clean the wound up. As she reached for her kit, Fabian said , " Thank you Sara ,but our vet will start taking care of Gabriel from now on . He was sick yesterday but he will be coming in today,"

Fabian didn't looked at her whilst he said that , Sara stood there with her mouth half opened, she couldn't believe that after all she did that man had the guts to tell her that his vet will take care of Gabriel!

What about what happened between us last night?!, Sara wondered.

As if he could read her mind he said , " and about last night ... I mean the kiss forget it .. it was an impulse on my part. You helped me and Gabriel so I was just being thankful...and I will not do it again", he said coldly.

Sara wanted to cry , she had been humiliated by that man, and she wanted to kick herself for allowing herself to be fooled.Sara didn't say anything as she looked at him , tears tickling her eyes  , she didn't want to cry in front of him as she hurried past him and out of the stable. Sara ran passed Maria who greeted her and went straight to the bedroom and locked herself in the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, she hated that reflection she saw of a weak woman.She washed the tears away,

"Never again did you hear me?", she said to her reflection.

She had her shower and got ready to go to her parents ranch. As she came downstairs she told Maria that there was no need to prepare breakfast for her as she will eat at her parents house.
Sara walked to the stable to say goodbye to Gabriel, when she entered the place was deserted. She went to Gabriel's stall and the horse came to her as soon as she approached his stall.

" Be good boy, you need to get better", Sara said and kissed Gabriel.

She turned to leave when she came face to face with Fabian and another man,

" We were looking for you, this is our vet, Paolo this is ..Sara", Fabian said.

Sara and Paolo shook hands. Sara told him everything that he needed to know about what she did with Gabriel  since yesterday . She gave one final look at Gabriel then she walked out without speaking to Fabian.Sara got in her Jeep , she had to go in town to buy some more medicines to replace those she used yesterday, a new dress for her sister then head to the Carter's Ranch. She needed to find anything to do to keep her might preoccupied, for her not to think of the ruthless man she has for a husband.