We'll be fine - Part 1

Start from the beginning

You had originally planned on them coming out to a show during the tour, but when everything started going on with Max and everything, you told them it was just better to stay put and that you'd come up with a new time and place after a tour.

The phone call you had gotten from your parents about seeing their daughter was married on the news was not a pretty one.

**

Harry was at some lunch meetings with some important people and you were editing some footage from the tour. Your phone started ringing and you instantly saw your father's name and photo.

"Hey, Daddy," you answered.

"Y/N, Please tell me why I've found out that my daughter is married from a fucking video on the internet and not on a phone call from my daughter?" He asked.

Shit...

"Daddy! I'm so sorry!" you said quickly. "I didn't know Harry was going to do that. I promise you we were going to tell."

"Obviously not before you fucking got married? When did this happen? Did he force you into this?" He asked.

"What, no Daddy," you sighed. "I.. I actually asked him... it was when we were in Jamaica. It literally wasn't planned, I asked him and then we got married like two days after that."

"And you couldn't have called and told us?" He sighed.

"We didn't even tell his family," you sighed. "Looking back now, it maybe was a little selfish, but we wanted it to be romantic and just between us. We said we'd have another ceremony or celebration with all our friends and family at a later date..."

"Okay, but that doesn't matter, Y/N," he said. "We haven't even met him yet. We don't even know the man you expect to spend the rest of your life with."

"I know, I know, but Daddy, he's wonderful and amazing. Literally the sweetest and most caring person I've ever met. I love him so much and he loves me just as much," you said softly.

"I believe you, Y/N, but how can I just be happy about this knowing I've missed out on such a huge event in your life AND I've never met him. I mean, a few chats over Facetime, is not the same," he said.

"I'm sorry," you whispered. "But I can't change what happened... I'll find a way to make this up for you and we'll figure out a time that works for you and us on meeting up."

He sighed over the phone,"Your mother is really having a hard time with this. All of our neighbors and the ladies she works with keep asking her about it and she has to act like she was there and saw everything."

"I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry," you whispered.

"I just hope you're happy and you don't end up regretting this decision," he said.

"I am happy, Daddy, and I won't," you whispered. "I love him."

"Let's hope so," he said.

**

Hearing how your parents reacted to the situation made you realize that everything wasn't going to be rainbows and butterflies now that everyone knew about the marriage. You felt horrible about having your parents find out the way they did and when you told Harry about the conversation with your father, he felt even worse.

"I'm so sorry, baby," he sighed. "I didn't even think about it when I did that. I never should have-"

"It's not your fault, it's mine. When you told me you told your mother, I should have I called them," you said.

"They're going to hate me now though," he sighed. "Before now, I was worried about it, but now they're going to think I swept you away and tricked you into getting married or something."

"I told him I asked you to marry me," you said. "So, even anyone talked or tricked the other into getting married, it'd be me."

"But that's not the case," he said. "I agreed to marry you because I wanted to and I love you."

"Well, that's good to know," you giggled. "You're not pregnant though, right?"

"As far as I know, no," he joked. "What about you?"

"Seeing as how I'm currently on my period, that'd be a no," you laughed.

"How are you dealing with that all?" He asked. "I've seen what people have been saying online."

You shrugged, "I mean at first I was a little annoyed by it, but I know what the truth is and I know how happy we both are, so I don't really care what those people think they know. And for every tweet or comment hating that we're married, there are two or three more who are happy and congratulating us."

"I was thinking after we talked with my Mum and then your parents, of course, we could maybe post a photo from our wedding," he said.

"Hm, the fans would love that," you smiled. "But I do have to wonder why you're okay with being so open about our relationship."

"I'm not too open," he said. "I just... I love you, I'm happy that I'm married to you and I wanted everyone to know that. This doesn't mean I'm going to be talking about all the details surrounding it, but I'm not going to sit there and deny having a wife."

You smiled wrapping your arms around his shoulders. "I love you," you whispered.

He smiled putting his hands on your hips, "I love you more."

"Doubt it,"

He laughed pressing his lips against yours.

**

The next day you were on a flight over to the UK. You had thought about going to see your parents first, but they were still upset, they weren't answering any of your phone calls. You sighed and told Harry just to see his family first and then maybe that'll give your parents time to cool off.

The entire flight you felt sick to your stomach with nerves. From what Harry had said his mother was really upset and angry over what you two had done and you were worried how she'd react once you two were in front of her. Especially since you two didn't exactly get off to the best start when she first found out about you and Harry dating.

You also noticed Harry was a little uneasy as he fiddled around in his seat. This had been the first time he had ever done something on this level without his family knowing or being there. You grabbed his hand and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Everything's going to be okay, right?" You whispered. "Obviously not right away, but eventually..."

He kissed your head, "Yes, how our families feel about all of this, will not affect our relationship with each other," he whispered. "I promise."

"Don't worry, okay?" He whispered. "We're going to be fine... perfect."

You forced smiled kissing his cheek before laying your head back down. You really hoped he was right, but you just had this feeling inside of you that it wasn't going to be all that easy.

A/N:

What are some things you're ready to read in this story? Let me know!! :)