43 [Matt's Little Sister]

Description: When made redundant, your brother Matt offers you a job at Sidemen Clothing and you reunite with Freya and Lewis after five years.

• • •

Your phone blared out a ringtone, scaring you half to death. Looking at the caller ID, you realised it was your older brother Matt. "Yes, Matt?" Your chirpy voice answered. Leaning against the kitchen counter, you picked at your chipped nail polish.

"So, I know you've recently been made redundant and I wanted to offer you a job," Matt explained to you.

You used to work in an old record shop and because records aren't that popular anymore, the shop had to unfortunately close. Therefore, you lost your job and have been looking for work for the past few months but nothing has caught your eye. You wanted to do something that was genuinely fun and not something just to earn money.

"What do you mean?" You asked slightly confused at what he meant.

"So, you know I work for Sidemen Clothing?" He asked and you nodded, quickly realising that he couldn't see you. Facepalming, you answered with a simple 'yeah' and he continued explaining the situation to you. "Well we're hiring at the moment so I spoke to Lewis and Josh and they said they would love to have you on the team. They know you and you know what to do so they've already decided to hire you. Are you up for it?"

"Yeah! When do I start?"

• • •

It's been about a week and it's finally your first day at your new job. Matt had told you that he was going to pick you up and together you were on your way to the warehouse.

"Freya is really excited to see you again," Matt told you as he pulled into the carpark.

Freya was one of Matt's friends and was dating Josh Bradley. When you saw her last, you were still in school. Back then, you were aged eighteen and she was twenty, whereas now she was twenty-four and you were twenty-two, but no matter the age difference or how long you haven't seen each other for, you were still close friends.

You and Matt stepped out of his car and made your way into the Warehouse where Freya and Lewis were waiting for you. From what Matt had told you, it was just going to be the four of you today and that Josh was going to pop in at some point during the day.

As you looked down at your feet, you heard a squeal and immediately knew who it was. "Y/N!" Freya grinned, engulfing you in a tight hug.

"Can't breathe, Frey," you laughed as she let go also laughing.

"Sorry" she laughed. "Look at you though, you've grown so much since I last saw you at eighteen!"

"Well, I am twenty-two now," you replied, before turning to Lewis. When you last saw Lewis, there was no denying that he was a good looking lad. But now, five years later, he was simply breathtaking. Your breath hitched in your throat as you linked eyes with him. "H-Hi Lewis," you squeaked out, before coughing awkwardly.

"Hey," he grinned at you, also bringing you into a hug.

After your hello's, you went straight to work, you and Freya together in a room sorting through emails. You had done this before, so you weren't new to this and it was pretty straightforward.

"I saw your eyes when you saw Lewis," Freya wiggled her eyebrows at you.

"What do you mean you saw my eyes?" You asked, looking at her confused.

"Your pupils got bigger. That happens when you look at someone you love."

You laughed out loud. "I don't love Lewis, Freya. I've just seen him after like, five years."

"Maybe you don't love him but you feel something towards him."

"Okay, yeah he's attractive," I told her. She clapped excitedly before I stopped her and continued. "But I'm always going to be Matt's little sister to him."