Chapter Twenty-Four

Jimin has never been so silent and it is worrying the hell out of Yoongi.

The sun is coming into the the apartment and the younger is sitting in it, closing his eyes.

He decided to dye his hair back to his natural color of brown last night. However, it was probably more of an attempt to distract himself from the fact that today is his first day of treatment at the clinic. He would be going away for an undisclosed amount of time.

Jimin knew he could just do a part time program, but he wanted to make sure that he was really breaking his habits. Besides, the fall semester had ended and hopefully he'd be back for the spring one.

Rough fingers move through his slightly damp hair from his morning shower. He opens his eyes and looks up at Yoongi.

Even though the elder is good at concealing his feelings, Jimin could still see that his nervous too.

"Got everything packed Jiminie?" he asks, trying to maintain a light tone.

"Yes hyung."

"You know you don't have to keep calling me that. I think we're past formalities."

"Ne, but you like it when I do."

A smirk crosses his face. "Maybe a little."

He leans down to kiss his beautiful lover's nose softly. Jimin can't help smiling, despite the conflict of emotions battling in his chest.

"You know it's going to be okay, right?"

"You keep saying that."

His hands rest on the younger's slightly boney shoulders. "Yeah. I don't want you to forget it."

Jimin lowers his head so Yoongi can't see his eyes anymore. "I'm sorry I might not be back for Christmas."

Yoongi sighs. "That's really the last thing I'm worried about."

"I know, but I was going to make this a really great Christmas for you. The best you've ever had. I had it all planned out."

His eyes start to water, but he wasn't going to cry right now. He was already putting Yoongi through enough.

"Well, if you aren't back for this Christmas there's always next year. Unless you don't think you'll spend it with me."

"Considering everything we've already been through, I don't see how I could be spending it with anyone else."

That is exactly what Yoongi needed to hear.

He took the spot next to Jimin on the floor and pulled the younger down on top of his chest. Jimin hums and wraps his arms around the other's torso while burying his face, trying to catch his favorite scent of cologne and mint. Yoongi gently rubs patterns on the back of his boyfriend's neck, enjoying the warmth of the skin there.

They both close their eyes as they lay in the sunlight, enjoying the unusual silence provided by the earliness of the hour.

Yoongi almost wants to cry because right now he has his Jimin in his arms, but within an hour, he'll be gone.

What does he have to look forward to without the male? Even when they are annoyed with each other, he can't help being happy to see the younger. He enjoys hearing about Jimin's day or just being close to him when the other didn't feel like talking. When he has those hard mornings, Jimin is the thing that makes him get up anyways.

As dramatic as it sounds, he can't picture his life without Jimin in it.

The worst part is that Yoongi can't help feeling that when his boyfriend finally comes back, he won't want the elder in his life anymore.