Chapter Ten

parkjiminie
Hey
I'm sorry if I'm being annoying
Please talk to me
Did I do something wrong?
I miss you ☹️

Jimin missed Yoongi. It was as simple as that, but then again, maybe it wasn't just that simple.

He didn't get why the elder wouldn't respond to him. Why did it happen so suddenly? Just when Jimin thought things were starting to get good, moving towards better they're suddenly ten steps backwards.

He was trying to be there for Yoongi, he really was. It's hard to be there for someone when they won't let you.

Jimin sighs and grabs his bag. He opens his door, but stops when seeing Yoongi's. He should just keep walking, right?

But he had promised he wasn't going to give up on Yoongi.

Gathering the last, little bit of courage he had left, he knocks on Yoongi's door loudly.

He wishes he wasn't so disappointed when the elder doesn't end up showing up to open it. He knocks one more time, just in case he changes his mind.

But he never comes.

A warm tear slips down Jimin's cheek as he backs away from the door.

He didn't answer.

Yoongi promised to never slam the door in Jimin's face again, but he never promised to open it for him.

He lets a couple more quiet tears leak out before he leaves the building. As he walks, he pulls out his phone and messages the one person who might be able to help Yoongi, if he lets anyone do it.

Yoongi sees the messages from Jimin, each one is a knife in the gut. He wants to explain that Jimin is perfect, too good for him. But it's better if he doesn't get him anymore involved into the complete mess of his life. It's easier if Jimin hates him.

He turns off the sound on his phone so he can fully ignore the world.

His eyes sting, he can hardly keep them open. They're swollen from the nonstop crying.

Why was he even crying?

His dad was just saying what was true, what Yoongi already knew to be true. He was mooching off of his parents and doing nothing with his life.

God, there was just this open hole in his chest. This big gaping hole where he knew happiness or contentment should be. Instead, there was just nothing, but sadness or pain.

Meanwhile Hoseok knocks on Yoongi's door, not that Yoongi hears. Hoseok sighs and takes out the key that Yoongi reluctantly gave him and unlocks the door.

He opens the door, unsurprised to find that the living room and kitchen are empty. So this is the way it has to be.

Hoseok goes to knock on Yoongi's bedroom door, but knows there's no point. Instead he swings the door open to find exactly what he knew he would.

"Come on Yoongi, time to get up," Hoseok says as cheerily as he can.

That only results in Yoongi swearing at him.

"It's already one o'clock. You have to get up. I don't know what's going on with you but Jimin is worried about you, even though you've been a jerk to him, and so am I. So you have to get up."

"Jimin?" Yoongi asks softly. "You talked to Jimin?"

Hoseok gives him a darker look. "Yeah."

Yoongi sighs and buried his face in his pillow. Hoseok rips the covers off of him.