Chapter Eleven

Yoongi has had three interviews today, all for jobs he doesn't really want to get. But it's what he has to do. He's trying to get his life back. Well, not even back. He's going for something completely different from one he's ever had.

And now he's walking down a street he hasn't taken very often, loosening his tie.

Hoseok lives in the worst possible neighborhood. Yoongi doesn't understand how his friend isn't more pessimistic from simply his living conditions, regardless everything else going on in his life.

But that's the thing about Yoongi and Hoseok, they were also so different. They always argued and saw things completely differently, but the fee similarities they shared were able to create a strong bond that still exists.

Yoongi would hate himself if he ruined it.

He steps inside and climbs at least five flights. His thighs burn. It's been so long since he did much regarding exercise.

Still, it's worth suffering through. So he ignored the layer of sweat that's formed on his face.

He pounds on Hoseok's door. It doesn't take long for the door to open. Hoseok's face immediately drops.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" Yoongi asks softly.

"I guess."

Ouch.

Of course Hoseok was angry and cold with Yoongi, but it still felt weird not to see his smile. It wasn't often he didn't wear it.

The two of them quietly avoid looking at each other in the small living room.

"Are you really going to get kicked out of your apartment?" Yoongi finally asks.

Hoseok looks down at the floor. "Why do you care?"

"Because you're my friend. My best friend." He pauses. "I'm sorry I've been so horrible to you. You were right, my dad was right. About everything really. I've been applying for jobs and doing things. I'm trying to make things right. I'm trying to have my own life again."

"Well, that's good." Hoseok hates being this cold to Yoongi, but he knows he has to be.

"I want you to move in with me."

"What?"

"I want you to move in with me," Yoongi repeats firmly. It's not an offer or a suggestion. "At least until you have enough money to live somewhere better because this place is a piece of shit."

"You don't need to do any favors for me."

"Sorry, that's what friends do. You've always been there for me. It's time I do the same."

That sunny smile quickly spreads across Hoseok's face and he suddenly pulls Yoongi in for a hug.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.