Chapter One

"Aish," Yoongi moaned when he heard a knock on his door.

There's rarely ever anyone over here, regardless knocking on Yoongi's door. It must be a mistake. Yes, he decided it's just a mistake.

But there's another knock, a little louder. Yoongi sighs before he gets up to answer the door.

He didn't know who he expected to find at his door, but it certainly wasn't a handsome man with plump lips.

The male's thick lips spread apart into a big smile. Yoongi watches him in a bit of awe.

"Annyeong," the stranger says, bowing before offering his hand. "I'm Park Jimin. I just moved in across the hall."

Yoongi looks down from Jimin's face to his hand that's still extended to him.

"Min Yoongi," he finally mumbles, shaking Jimin's hand.

Yoongi quickly takes his hand back, continuing to stare at Jimin. Despite Yoongi's lack of enthusiasm, Jimin still smiles at him chipperly.

The boy practically looks like a model while Yoongi is in the same sweats his been wearing for the past couple of days and a baggy back shirt. Heat starts to travel up to his cheeks. Jimin must be already able to tell he's a loser.

"Nice to meet you," Jimin says.

"You too," Yoongi stammers out. "I have to go."

Then he slams the door in Jimin's face without a further explanation or a proper goodbye.

Jimin's smile fades as he stares at the door. Behind the door, guilt starts to creep up on Yoongi for being so rude to his new neighbor, but he knew it was better this way.

But there's another knock.

Yoongi hesitates before opening the door again. Jimin is still standing there, smiling. It's a smaller smile, but still cheery enough to annoy Yoongi.

"What?" he asks a little too hardly.

"I'm having a party tomorrow night to celebrate the move," Jimin says, still as friendly as before. "You're welcome to come."

Yoongi twists the ring on his finger, luckily his baggy sleeves conceal that. He stares coolly at Jimin.

"No thanks."

He closes the door yet again before Jimin can get another word at.

Yoongi barely gets a couple steps away before there's another knock on his door. He whips it open.

"What-" Yoongi begins to say.

Jimin holds up his hand. Yoongi notices how small they are, even the fingers that are decorated with rings. He finally sees in the palm is the ring he had nervously been playing with only a few seconds ago.

"You dropped this," Jimin says softly.

His kind eyes penetrates Yoongi's. His anger melts away just as quickly as it struck him.

"Thank you," Yoongi mumbles.

He nods. "Goodnight. I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll see you around."

Yoongi watches him turn and walk into apartment number 42. The door softly shuts behind him.

"You weren't bothering me," Yoongi says to himself.

He looks at the door for another second, wishing Jimin would peek his head back out, but why would he? He sighs before letting the door slam behind him.

Suddenly, the show he wasn't really paying attention to seems less appealing than before.

Yoongi sighs before turning the tv off and sitting on the couch with his knees up to his chest. Of course Jimin now thinks that he's just a jerk and probably won't have anything to do with him anymore. Not that he blames Jimin. It's better that way.

Meanwhile, Jimin scrolls through his phone. He curiously types in Min Yoongi on Instagram. It's the first account that pops up.

He's surprised to see that the male has 14k followers.

There are many pictures of Yoongi playing the piano, going to concerts, and just being with friends. In most of these, he's smiling a gummy smile. There's even a few a selcas showing off his various hair colors.

He's very handsome, Jimin thinks, but he would be a lot more if he smiled like that

The last time he posted was six months ago.

Jimin glances back up at the door, picturing Yoongi's gloomy expression. What happened to make him that way?

There was no way of knowing what was troubling his neighbor, but Jimin was determined to be his friend. Even if it meant having a door slammed in his face a couple more times.

A/N: ahhh first chapter :) most chapters will probably be a little longer but I wanted to keep this one to the point.

To anyone who is reading, thank you! I appreciate it. And please hang in there and give this story a chance.

Thank you!