Chapter Twelve

Jimin is starving, quite literally. It's not that he feels hungry. At this point, his empty stomach just brought him nausea and made him feel weak. The thought of food almost makes him disgusted, but he knows it's what he needs.

He never meant to fall back into this cycle.

When he was in high school, he spent some time in the hospital to due to his issues with food. He passed out during dance and his whole life went off kilter. It honestly felt like everything was ruined.

He was so afraid to face everyone, especially his group of friends. But they loved him and made sure he was constantly reminded of that.

He usually sought their help when he felt himself starting to slip, but this time he let himself fall too far into it.

I don't want to do this. I don't want to keep fighting this battle.

Why couldn't he just get himself to eat?

That is something Jimin has struggled so hard to try to figure out along with the others in his life who just don't understand.

He glances down at the phone, tempted to contact Yoongi.

No. Just because he showed up at Jimin's dance studio and promised to make things better wasn't a good enough reason to just open himself up again. He needed proof that Yoongi was really going to be there for him.

Fat tears quickly roll down his cheeks, his cheeks he used to get compliments on because they were soft and a little full. His cheeks that he loathed because they were proof that he had too much excess on him.

Jimin is sick of crying and being sad. Sick of being isolated by his own doing. Sick of putting his trust in the wrong people.

The anger he tries to ignore bubbles up in him, mixing with the exhaustion and panic. It's all too much.

He gets up from the couch. Maybe he'll go to Jin's. He can usually calm him down.

No, he has a date with Namjoon. Tae is with Jungkook. He can't be mad at his friends for having lives but he just really needs someone.

His head fills funny, like it's too heavy for his weak body. Maybe it's because he hasn't eaten, maybe it's because he's having such a bad anxiety attack.

But he loses control of his body and falls backwards, knocking the case into the floor and collapsing on top of it.

Yoongi excitedly opened his phone when he sees that someone has messaged him.

Is it Jimin? Has he forgiven him?

But instead he sees that it's from Jimin's friend Namjoon that he's now come in contact with several times.

joondaddy
Hello Yoongi, it's Kim Namjoon. It has been brought to my attention that you're looking for a job and interested in the music industry. I'm a producer at a recording company and there are some open positions. If you're interested, please let me know and we can set up a meeting. Thanks.

Yoongi's jaw drops. How did he...?

Jimin.

He has it all planned. He would play the song he's been working on like a madman for Jimin so that his neighbor could finally understand all of his feelings for the male. Jimin's the first person to make him feel soft. To bring him hope. To make him wonder again about the future.