Chapter Twenty-Two

"Jimin, I'm fine," Yoongi sighs, looking up from his phone to see his boyfriend intently studying his face.

"Aish, I know," the other replies. "You've told me three times."

"Yeah and it would be nice if you would actually believe it."

Jimin can't help sighing as well. "I just find it hard to believe you can be completely fine after visiting your brother's grave on the day he..."

"We've been over this. Of course I miss Jae-Hwa. But I can't let his death continue to bring me down. I've spent a lot of time mourning over him when I should've been living. He would've been pissed that I spent time being sad over him. Especially since I have a handsome boyfriend who keeps making me watch Christmas movies, a job that keeps me busy, and the fact I have to babysit Hobi."

Jimin chuckles. "I think the part about you babysitting Hoseok is an exaggeration."

"He brought home a dog because he felt like they had a magical bond. The dog peed on his shoe 5 minutes later. He laughed and ran around yelling puppee. Meanwhile I had to clean his shoe."

Jimin giggles and the sound is enough to wash any annoyance off of Yoongi's face. It's enough to bring a tired smile onto his face.

"I love that sound," he murmurs, latching his fingers with Jimin's.

But there was still the cloud of worry that overcomes him as he studies Jimin. The male is still too thin and seems to be getting worse. Yoongi has no idea what he should do or could do without hurting Jimin. Maybe there was no way. He just knows he needs to do something before it's too late.

So he's meeting everyone in their friend group tomorrow while Jimin will be dancing because Jin seemed to allude to this not being the first time something like this has happened.

Yoongi can't help watching Jimin so intensely, wondering how he can see himself so differently than everyone else.

"Stop staring at me like that," Jimin mumbles.

"Like what?" Yoongi teases, moving closer to the flustered male.

He rests his chin on Jimin's firm shoulder and continues to gaze at him. He truly is beautiful.

"Like that!" the other whines.

"Can't help it Jiminie. You're just too ethereal. I'm amazed by you."

Jimin is used to Yoongi complimenting him, even though is still makes him embarrassed. However, there's something that seems extra soft about the elder tonight.

"I love you," he mumbles.

"Louder," Yoongi says. "Please."

Jimin brings his face up to look his boyfriend in the eye. "I love you Yoongi."

"Guess what?"

Jimin lightly rolls his eyes but complies. "What?"

"I love you too."

That earns him another beautiful laugh.

"Hyung, what is with you tonight? You're being extra nice to me. It's starting to worry me."

"Sorry Minnie, I'm just...happy."

That makes Jimin brighten. He hardly ever hears him say anything like that nor would he expect it on the night after visiting his brother's grave.

"Are you really?"

Yoongi's eyes widen. "Why would I be lying to you?"

He sits up more properly, but still has Jimin's hand in his.