Sailor Tom x Siren Tord (part 2)

Tom's Pov

On the S.S Ringo.

"Hey ,Edd. Remind me again why you named the ship after your cat?" I called out to him at the wheel. 

"Because he's the greatest cat ever. It's pretty obvious that my precious Ringo is the perfect name for out ship~"

"We shall cherish the kitty!!" Matt proclaimed, popping out behind Edd.

"Yeah, yeah...but our next ship should be named Susan."I suggested. If we even get a second ship. I'm not too sure how our plans on being sailors will turn out, money wise, but I'm hopeful. 

"And then the third: Matt!"

"Sure."

Hours past by, and honestly, I was getting kind of bored. When there's no enemies approaching, I'm stuck on stand by. And we had no issues at all since we left. Matt is in the birds nest, on the look out, but since nothing showed up for a while, he transitioned into looking in the mirror instead. Not surprising. That's a very Matt thing to do. Him and his narcissistic ways.

It's not night yet, so it's too early to get drunk. That, and I don't feel like it. It's also the first day being out in these waters. Getting drunk just because I'm bored would be pretty embarrassing.

But Edd, is very determined. He's controlling the ship. Also, looking at the map and compass every now and then to check if we're going in the right direction. He said that in the beginning, it will be quite boring, but later, we will hit obstacles, and other dangers. That's the real thrill in this adventure. 

Now, it's around 6 in the evening, almost sunset. Everyone's hungry and bored, so we might as well cook the meal together.

I'm not much of a cook at all, so I performed simple tasks. Matt learned a few things from Edd in the past, so those two are doing the real work.

I boiled angel hair pasta. Not whole wheat because that's crap. The whole process is boring as all hell. You wait for the water to boil. Then you put the pasta in. And then you wait. Stirring occasionally. I kept spacing out. My mind is in a different place....

While I was in lala land, Matt and Edd were making meatballs! Matt kept wining that the raw beef was too cold. Since they were mixing the spices together with their hands. They also made homemade tomato sauce. Making a little mess, also, Matt got a boo boo. He's not the best cutter in the world. He knew he was terrible, and wanted to get better like Edd. Matt even compared him to Princess Tiana from disney. That's how great of a cook Edd is. More specifically, chopping and mincing.

So once we all sat down for dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs! Edd and Matt went on about cooking. What just happened, and tips for Matt in the future. They tried to include me, but they kept going on rants, but I don't mind...

My eyes wondered around the area. Not that there's much to look at, besides the water and what's on the ship. But...to keep me entertained. I kept asking "what if". 

"What if" this barrel of food fell off the ship? Well, then there will be a major decrease in food supply. Shortening our time out here, to acquire the treasure. Also increasing the possibility of running out of food before we even get there.
I should probably secure all those barrels with bungee chords just to make sure.

"What if" Edd gets sick? Then he'll be unable to stir the ship. So Matt and I will have to learn how to stir the ship as well to fill in his absence.  Also, knowing how to cook chicken soup and other comforting meals would also be helpful. So that'll be something to do in our down time.