Brother Part 2

Justin and (y/n) go out of the house.

Mom -

Had I really neglected (y/n)? Have I really been that harsh on her? I'd never noticed. I guess I just take my insecurities out on her. Gosh, I'm an awful mother. I hold my own daughter accountable for my own inadequateness. I guess I just liked having someone to blame instead of myself. Guilt builds up in the pit of my stomach.

Dad -

I hate it when (y/m/n) goes off at (y/n), and yet, I do nothing about it. I just sit there. Mostly because I don't want the abuse to be hurled at me. I really am a coward. A father not standing up for his daughter and leaving his son to do it. Shameful.

Olivia -

Shit. I never realised it affected her that much. I take credit for what she does because I'm jealous. I'm jealous of how smart she is. How she's the prettier twin. The nicer twin. I try to get her in trouble so I seem better when in reality I'm just a spoilt brat. How she's been able to cope with all this I don't know. I really am a bitchy sister.

Jazzy -

I never noticed that no one in the family liked (y/n). But now I see. But she's so nice, well to axon and I. Whenever mom asks Olivia and (y/n) to babysit us (y/n)'s the only one who does anything. Do they not see that?

Jaxon -

This spaghetti tastes great.

***

Your Point of View.

Justin and you arrive back home. It's really quiet, too quiet.

Whisper's coming from the lounge room get both you and Justin's attention.

Eventually Mom, Dad and Olivia come out of the lounge room.

Justin stands in front of you protectively.

"Um, (y/n), sweetie." Your mom starts off shyly. "We just wanted to apologise about the way we've treated you. We have had no right to disrespect you like that. We're really sorry."

You're still hurt that practically your whole family turned against you. But you'd rather forgive them than make it difficult and still be angry. Just let it go.

"It's fine-"

"No, it's not fine. You people are ridiculous. Treating your daughter, your sister, like this. And I'm ashamed to say I did the same thing. But there is no way I'm letting (y/n) stay in a place where she isn't appreciated." Justin states.

"What do you mean?" Mom asks. You want to know too.

"I mean, I'm going to find a place and live there with (y/n). As her older brother, I'm intervening and saying she's not not staying with you assholes anymore."

Your mouth drops. When did he decide this?

"And what makes you think I'll let her go?" Mom questions.

"And what makes you think I'll stay?" I defend. This is the first time I've ever stood up to her.

"Excuse me young lady-"

"(y/m/n), I'm going to allow her." Dad cuts in. "If that's what you want of course, (y/n)."

Everyone waits for you to answer.

All you've ever wanted was to get out of this place, but now you don't know. What about Jazzy and Jaxon? They haven't done anything wrong and you love them. You'll really miss them. And what if Justin goes back to ignoring you? Then what?

"I-I don't know. I-." You walk passed them and go upstairs.

Justin's Point of View.

(y/n) rushes upstairs.

"(y/n) wait." I chase after her.

She shuts her bedroom door before I can get in.

"(y/n), please open up, what's wrong?" I knock on her door.

"Nothing, just, don't worry." I hear her cry.

"(y/n), please open up."

She gives in and opens the door. She stands there puffy eyed.

"Hey, What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it just. What if I do go and stay with you and you ignore me again? I don't think I could handle that let down."

My heart breaks.

"(y/n), I wouldn't do that, I promise."

"Well, you promised that when you came back from tour that everything would go back to normal, look how that turned out."

"Well, now it can go back to normal. Please, you know me (y/n)."
"But what about Jazzy and Jaxon? I mean I'm going to miss them so much."

"Then we'll find a house close to here so you can see them whenever you want." I kiss the top of her head and bring her in for a hug. "It will all work out, I promise. And I promise I'll alway's be there for you."

"Okay. I'll move in with you."

I hug her tighter.

***

A few months later

We moved into a house down the street. It works out well. I take (y/n) to school and pick her up of an afternoon. We'll both generally walk down to go and visit Jazzy and Jaxon. Our relationship with the rest of them is still improving, there's still an evident grudge though. We'll have dinner at their place or they'll have dinner at ours. (y/n) and I often go to parks, get ice cream, watch movies and other things. At first it still took a lot of persuasion to convince her I wouldn't leave her, but now she's happy.

I'm very protective over her now. As an example, when she brought over one of her guys friends from school. Let's just say she probably won't be doing that again.

I really couldn't have it any better. Even though our family is dysfunctional, we all still love each other, in our own way.

Don't forget to vote!