He's Depressed

Request for RecoverryMccann

Justin is 19 in this imagine.

You finish making your boyfriend a ham and cheese toastie. You walk up to the bedroom to give it to him.

You knock on the door.

No answer. Something you've been use to for the past few week.

You turn the handle and open the door.

"Hey Justin." No answer. He's facing away from the door, covered in blankets and sheets. "I've got toasties."

"Not hungry." He mumbles.

"You said that yesterday."

No reply.

You sigh and set the plate down on the bedside table. You crawl under the covers and hug him from behind.

"I-I know you're in pain. But please don't shut me out." You sob. "I hate seeing you like this."

"Then leave." He mutters. "Everyone else did."

"I'm not everyone else Justin."

He continues to be quiet.

"Justin, just talk to me."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Just leave me alone."

"Jus-"

He turns around and faces you. You see how broken his eyes are.

"Am I not speaking English? I said leave me alone! What part did you not understand? Go read a book or whatever, just stop being an annoying bitch." He turns back around.

Your heart just shattered.

"You know what? Fine. I'll leave you alone. I don't need this. I chose to stay. I don't need to be treated like a piece of crap when I'm just trying to help."

You storm out of the room.

You want to storm out of the house but you don't trust Justin on his own. Who knows what he'll do.

You start to regret saying all of that. He's just in a bad place now, he didn't mean what he said. It just hurt.

You decide to grab a book and sit in the hallway next to his door so that if anything happens you'll hear.

Justin's Point of View

Why am I an idiot?

My mom hates me. My friends hate me. My fans hate me. The whole world hates me. Now I've just made the last person that cares about me hate me.

I love (y/n) so much. Why was I such a dick to her? She was only trying to help.

She's probably left. No wait she has left. Who would stay with an asshole like me?

I pull the blankets off of me and try to stand up. My legs are weak so I stumble into the bathroom.

I look for a razor.

I sit down with my back resting on the vanity.

I start to cut myself, forming perfect little beads of blood. It feels good so I continue until there's no more space on either of my arms.

I watch as all the blood trickles down my arms onto the floor titles.

I close my eyes.

Then there's a knock at the bedroom door. I jump.

I watch from the bathroom. (y/n) comes in.

"Justin I'm sor- where are you?"

She then spots me in the bathroom and gasps.

"What did you do?" She cries.

Your Point of View

You hurry into the bathroom and grab a towel, putting pressure on the cuts.

"W-why did you do-o this?" I sob.

"Because I'm not okay." He says. "I-I need your help. I-If you're still offering."

"Of course Justin. Of course I'll help you." You kiss his forehead. "I'm sorry about what I said earli-"

"No. You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm sorry."

You kiss his lips and stay with him till the blood drys.

It's not enough blood loss for him to die so you decide to not take him to the hospital but get him to drink water so that he replaces what he lost.

You get him to have a shower then he gets changed into some clean clothes.

That afternoon he told you he wanted to get help so you looked online for support groups, good doctors, things you can do, things he can do and other forms of help.

***

A few months later.

He's doing so much better now.

He still has days when he's depressed but he doesn't shut you out he talks to you about it which makes him feel better.

Lately he's been in the studio a lot. He said he's been working on a lot of new songs but you can't hear them because he wants them to be a surprise. The only thing he's told you is that the album is called Purpose and most of the songs are about you.

Comment and Vote.

Question - What's your favourite song of Justin's?

I love all his songs and it's hard to choose but probably swap it out.