Seeing You Again

Justin and I were childhood best friends. In the beginning of his fame I was still at school yet we both still had a very strong relationship. In late 2013, when he started to get more fame it became harder to stay in contact, we had an huge argument over it and we both ended up never talking again. Once I got out of college I got into acting and now I'm co-staring in a big movie.

Today I am going onto the Ellen show, guess who else is going to be there? Justin.

Recently he's been trying to get back into contact with me but I haven't returned his calls.

If you are wondering, I'm still a little mad at him. I mean I know he was busy but people make time for people who are important in there life. I guess I wasn't important enough. Luckily I shouldn't have to talk to him. I don't want to talk to him. I have nothing to say to him. I guess him leaving affected me more than I let him know. He meant the most to me, he still does.

Currently Justin is being interviewed by Ellen, it's my turn next. I'm watching the show on the monitor backstage. He's currently talking about his latest song, Friends.

"It's a great song, I love it, Portia and I listen to it all the time. Who's it about?" She asks.

"Someone who's sadly not in my life anymore." He sighs.

"Would you mind me asking if it's about Selena? Or Hailey?" She asks cautiously, not in a rude manner.

"Actually, it's not about either of them. I mean they mean a lot to me but it's about one of my old childhood best friends."

My jaw dropped.

"I feel like there's a story behind that."

"Yeah. We were the best of friends, we did everything together. Once I started getting more and more fame it was harder to stay in touch. I was getting busier, I was on tour. I regret not making time for her. I should've. She was the only one I could ever trust."

"If you could say one thing to this person, what would it be?"

He looks into the camera.

"I was stupid and selfish. I should've realised sooner how much you mean to me. I was a jerk and I was only thinking of myself, and for that, I'm sorry."

I looked into his honest and genuine eyes on the monitor.

"Well, I hope you two make up." Ellen smiles.

"Me too."

"So I believe you're going to perform this song?"

"I believe I am."

***

"Thank you so much Justin, what an incredible performance. We're gonna take a break and then we'll chat with Nia Grace."

Justin stops and his eyes go wide.

The show goes to a break and Justin walks backstage. I hide.

"You know I can see you behind the curtain right?" He laughs.

I sigh and walk out.

"Hi." I say, not looking at him.

"Hey." He scratches the back of his neck.

My eyes travel around the room, looking anywhere but at him.

"I didn't know you were also gonna be on the show today."

"I didn't know you were gonna be here either." I mumble quietly.

"Look can we please just talk?" He sighs.