To Kayla,

Chapter 50.

Draco's POV:

Kayla had fallen asleep on me once again. I don't know why she was always so tired. Maybe she doesn't sleep well.

Most of the other Slytherin's had gone to bed by now. I picked Kayla up and went over to her room. I tried the door but it wouldn't open, so I took her back to my room. I slipped her into bed and got ready for bed myself.

Once I was done, I crawled into bed next to Kayla. There was something about being next to Kayla that let me relax. Soon enough, I fell asleep with my hands wrapped around her waist.

When I woke up the next morning Kayla was still asleep. Her head was resting on my chest. She was so peaceful when she was asleep, when she was awake, she was a force to be reckoned with.

I looked over to the other side of the room where Blaise, Goyle and Crabbe slept. None of them were there.

Kayla's eyes started to flutter open.

"Morning, Kitten," I said.

"Where am I?" she asked sleepily.

"My room. You fell asleep on me last night and I tried to take you to your room but the door was locked, so I brought you back here," I replied.

"Mhmm." She snuggled into me even further.

"Are you cold?"

"A little."

It was quite a cold day, it was winter afterall. I pulled her closer to me. She hugged me tightly.

Suddenly there were two taps on the window. Kayla let me go so I could see what was there. The windows were slightly frozen, so I had to force the window open. Once I did, a lot of cool, frozen air came in, along with two owls. I quickly shut the windows.

I took the letters from our owls and gave Kayla's to her.

She rubbed her eyes and looked at her letter while I read mine.

Dear Draco,

Your father and I couldn't be happier that you found a Pureblood witch who loves you. I am glad that she will not be taken from you, as she is a Death Eater like us. I can't wait to meet her, she sounds lovely. Next weekend there will be a Death Eater meeting. I will be taking you out of school for a week. If she wants, she can stay with us.

Love from Mother and Father

I smiled and showed my letter to Kayla. She didn't look so happy.

"What does your letter say?"

She handed it to me and a sob escaped her lips.

Dear Kayla,

Your father and I are very displeased with you being with Draco. You are to leave him immediately. His family is horrible. Your father and I don't want you hanging around with people like him! We don't care if he treats you well. He is son of Lucius Malfoy, the worst person alive, aside from You-Know-Who. We are very disappointed in the choice you have made. You do not have our blessings to be with him! You will be taken out of school next weekend, you will be taking a week off. Everyone is afraid of Lucius, that's why Professor Umbridge is afraid of him.

From your Mother and Father.

"They hate you but I don't know why. They have no reason to, I thought they would like you since you make me happy, they didn't even write love from them." Kayla sobbed.

"It's okay, not everyone has to like me. Just so long as you like me, that's all that matters," I replied soothingly.

She jumped on me and gave me a tight hug, her legs wrapped around my waist. I nearly toppled over because I wasn't expecting that.

"I'm sorry that they don't like you. Can you tell your mother I would love to stay with you?" she asked.

"Of course. I want you to stay with me. You can come home with me since the meeting is at my house" I told her. "I will write her now." I said.

"Okay, I need to write my parents as well," she added sadly.

I passed her a piece of parchment and a quill with an ink pot. She started to write her letter, and so did I.

Dear Mother and Father,

I would love of her to stay with us, and she says she would like to stay with us. I will see you next weekend. I can't wait. Will Father be home?

She is also going to be out of school all of next week. Thank you, Mother, for the invitation for her to come over. She will come home with us since the meeting is at our house, if that is okay with you.

From Draco