Why Are We Wasting Time

Start from the beginning

I started swimming forward when someone grabbed me from behind and placed something against the back of my head.

“Move and I'll make your brains explode” said the person behind me; they sounded like me.

I turned around and saw myself with a gun raised to me.

I heard a gunshot.

I sat up in my bed and almost screamed.

“Midnight?” I heard a sleepy voice.

I didn't say anything as images kept repeating. There was a person that was just like me that shot me.

“Are you okay?” Ryder asked waking up.

“I had a horrible nightmare” I whispered.

I heard him get up and come towards me.

“Want to talk about it?” he said sitting on my bed and rubbing his eyes. He looked younger when he did that.

“Aaron was drowning and I didn't want to go in to save him. I did jump in eventually, but he was already out of the water. There was a woman with a gun at his head, and there was also someone behind me too.” I shook my head and didn't continue.

“Are you afraid of water?” he asked.

“No, I'm afraid of drowning” I said.

“Well, as long as I'm here, you're never going to drown”

“Please, don't say anything with 'as long as I'm here' 'as long as I'm alive' nothing of that.”

“How about, when you’re with me, you're never going to drown?”

I shook my head.

“You're never going to drown Midnight” he said hugging me.

“You can't promise anything Ryder” I whispered.

“Here I'll sleep with you” he said getting in my bed.

“Thanks” I said getting comfortable in his arms.

“Midnight?”

“Ryder?”

“Nothing, I-I forgot” he said.

“Okay, good night” I said already falling asleep, “and sorry for the trouble.”

“No problem at all”

“Hey, placed yourself in my position. What would you have done?” I said helping Ashley cook breakfast.

“Actually I don't know enough to be put in your position” she said.

“Exactly! I had so many horrible experiences. That explosion a few weeks back wasn't my first one. I getting shot isn't the first time, I running away from them either. I've had horrible thing in my mind. You don't want to be in my head exactly”

“Fine, I guess I would have run away too” she admitted, “but you should have talked to one of us, don't you trust us?”

“I do, but I'm kind of used to be alone and dealing with these sort of things” I said not looking at her.

“You shouldn't deal with it alone Midnight”

“What's cooking ladies?” Ryder said coming into the kitchen.

“You for interrupting our talk” Ash said.

“Hey don't hate!” he said sitting on top of the counter next to the sink where I was washing the dishes.