Eighty-sixth Cliché

Start from the beginning

Before Taehyung could say anything, Layla disappeared into the suite. He just decided to let it be, it was better for Layla to do what she wanted.

He left with no choice, he had things to take care of.

➰➰➰

"Mia!" Layla helped herself inside to see Mia still in bed staring at the ceiling.

"Layla..." Mia lifted herself up but fortunately she was dressed in at least a shirt. If not she knew from Layla's grin that she would have teased her for ends on. "What are you doing here?"

"To get your out of this damn house." Layla chuckled as she sat on the bed. "Wow, this bed is so absorbent...I feel like it won't break." Layla began bouncing on the bed aggressively. The absorbency of the bed was really admirable. Layla wanted to jump on it. "How much was this bed? I kind of want one..."

"I don't know..."

"Anyway, wow you really did move in...and how did he let you put pictures here?" Layla took in the room and noticed it was too decorated for it to belong to Taehyung. She ignored it as she focused on the goal. Patting on Mia's bare thighs, she urged her. "Come on, dear let's go shopping!"

"Again?" Mia groaned. Mia stopped when Layla glared at her. "Okay, I'll get ready."

The day was going—slowly but it was going and Layla understood why Taehyung had been desperate enough to invite her to take Mia out.

Mia was depressed as hell but she soon began to smile and Layla was glad. She was glad to help Mia lighten up a bit. Time was moving and Layla thought about the many things that was in her mind, including the recent fight with her boyfriend.

For Layla, she had thought that she was doing a good job. That was until she and Mia's happy time was interrupted.

"Mia," someone called out to Mia.

The voice was familiar but the harshness and bitter intonation was not familiar.

Mia turned to see the female, "Jenny?"

Perhaps she had misheard it—the bitterness.

"Yes. It's been a while hasn't it?" Jenny smiled but to Layla it was one that was wicked. "You look good."

"Jenny, your hair," Mia gasped as her eyes saw the pale silver locks tht were on top of Jenny's hair.

Layla narrowed her eyes at the female. She had thought that Jenny was still on some island, wasting her father's money, but Jungkook had been right, she had come back and Jenny was now in front of her.

"I know..." Jenny laughed lightly but she never forgot why she came out in the open to Mia now. She would never forget what she lost and why she had come back with an attitude and hair. Her hair was a physical representation of her will. She had a mission.

"I tried calling and messaging you so many times, where were you?" Mia looked at Jenny's sun-kissed skin. She was glowing.

"Abroad. Travelling, dancing, etc." Jenny looped her skinny arms in Mia's and Layla narrowed her eyes until they were only a slit.

Layla was fuming. The woman was trying to steal her best friend away, and Layla was not going to have that. She knew that Jenny came back at the most timed moment. Everything was settling and coming nicely for them as if it was timed, and it only benefited Jenny and the ex-boyfriend, mark. This was not some coincidence as Jenny put it so easily. They had planned this to a dot.

"What a coincidence though, seeing you at the mall." Jenny giggled, a pitch too high and Layla wanted to slap some sense into the girl. There were now eyes on them. "And did you make a new friend?" Jenny cooed.

Mia as dense as she was only accepted Jenny's acting. "Yes, meet Layla. She's a good friend."

"Pleasure..." Layla grumbled. Truthfully, she was not content at all.

She had a face to keep for the time being because Jenny was planning something and until Layla knew what the little snake was planning, she was going to be at least pleasant. No one was going to come in between her matchmaking. And seeing Jenny's face just confirmed that she was not suited to be Taehyung's match.

"We are going to eat later...do you...want to join us?" Layla gritted the last part out with difficulty. Even being nice was already really difficult for Layla. She was horrified what was going to happen at dinner.

Say no. Say no. Say no...

"Oh! May I?" Jenny giggled and Layla could only nod because Mia had this puppy eyes and it was hard to deny that. And it would be a good time to see what Jenny was planning. "Lovely...I wanted to buy a new bag for this weekend, it's perfect now there's two girls to help me choose!"

Layla smiled. Now she was dreading the upcoming dinner. She was ready but she needed backup though. She sent a quick text to her partner in crime.

➰➰➰

Layla sent him another text.

Where is this boy?

"Layla, are you okay?" Mia had asked as she finally had a chance to give Layla some attention. At the moment, Jenny had gone to the bathroom.

"Huh—oh, yeah...I'm just peachy." She needed him to hurry up, because Layla was about to lose her head. She hated being antsy. "Hey Mia...I'm going to make a call..."

"Okay." Mia was soon was distracted by Jenny who had come back from the bathroom. Jenny had this sly smile that told people that she was sweet and innocent but Layla knew better.

When Jenny smiled at Layla, she felt the sudden urge to pour all the ice cold water down Jenny's head, but short her poise. It would be rude to pour liquid all over someone—even if it happened frequently. And the last thing Layla wanted was to be one to do a typical K-drama scene. 

Oh, she's going down.