Twenty-second Cliché

All night...he had stayed all night in front of her damn boyfriend's place. Considering that she was to go home to her place sooner or later, Taehyung decided to catch her then and to complain to her about her being a no-show to the musical she so wanted to see. He had wanted to give her an earful about her inconsideration to him.

Of course he wasn't there waiting, standing, in the cold. No, he had been in his fancy, expensive, silver car. He made sure the driver brought the most flashiest one so it would be noticeable to the young woman.

And it was hard to miss.

But she had not noticed it...

And that had left an even bigger annoyance on Taehyung.

Mia...it's coming. Even I don't know what's going to happen but you did this to yourself. Remember that...

Mia with her messy bed hair and flushed face came out, no later than 10:12 am. And seeing that bed hair caused Taehyung to click his teeth together.

Remember...you asked for this...

Taehyung drove off before Mia could notice the driver of the flashy car. The only thing she heard was the roaring sound of a zooming vehicle. When Mia lifter her head, all she could see was the dust from the rolling tires in an empty street.

"Strange..." Mia whispered to no one.

Only the wind seemed to hear her because it responded by howling at her. Shuddering, Mia picked up her pace and rushed in the direction of her home. All the while, Mia, in the back of her head, could not help but think she was missing something but even that thought was trumped by the chills that traveled through her body.

Her only thoughts were on getting to her Sunday appointment. Looking at the time on her phone screen, she cursed. "Crap...got to go!"

Fortunately, Mia arrived on time, and not late for her volunteer time at the Engagement Center. The Sunday afternoon was nice. The breeze felt cool to the skin and the clouds were not shady.

As she entered, she placed her bag and outerwear in the closet near the back. Coming back, she was with a genuine smile as she got back into the pace of the place. This was her peaceful place, it was a place where she was welcomed. She enjoyed the environment there and was thankful that nothing from her school life followed her there. It was something that not even Mark knew about.

She went around the tables, and booths greeting everyone happily.

"Mia dear, sit, tell me, why haven't you been here often? We miss you." The gentle elderly lady smiled softly as she patted on the glass table. The other ladies around the table agreed softly. She smiled as she guessed that she had a few minutes to spare before beginning bingo.

"I'm sorry. Things at school have been a little hectic." Mia explained. She kept her mouth shut. There was no need to tell the lovely ladies about the life at school. They came to here to gossip, to dance, chat and to relax. Mia could not help but relax around the ladies at the center. Every week on Sunday, Mia would come to play games, chat and to help the elderly there. Some were there because they really needed help with minuscule items, but most were there for the company.

"Well, we missed you." One woman, had a beautiful smile, with soft wrinkles on her face. She was dressed in a comfortable cotton dress with a black belt. "We don't see enough of your smiling face lately. We almost thought you were avoiding us."

"I would never." Mia smiled. "It's been a little bit overwhelming at school."

"Why the boys don't leave you alone? Have you been getting some?" One woman chuckled as she joked. "Isn't Mia a catch, Louise?"

"She is but you leave her alone." Louise giggled, her eyes gently watching Mia who stuttered and shook her head side to side. "Look at her, can't even form a sentence."

"No...it's not boys. I'm happy with my boyfriend." Mia said, with a slight blush on her face.

"I would be so happy if you were single and with my grandson." Louise sighed deeply, her mood getting slightly sullen at the thought of her rebellious grandson. He was well into his twenties, not a child anymore, yet he was still not in a serious relationship.

"Yes. Yes. If only my son had popped out another grandson for me." Another woman, whose name was Joanna, inserted. She was a woman who was not afraid to be crude. There was much to learn from the woman but sometimes she scared Mia.

"Joanna, please..." Mia groaned. She was not going to be able to take another lesson from the woman. Last time...she still had nightmares about the things that she had learned about. "Not again."

"Look at you. Sooner or later you're going to be in bed with someone. He's going to mounting your body it's good to have some skills and tricks prepared for that. Better to learn from a wise old woman such as ourselves." Joanna chuckled as she enjoyed the girl's discomfort. "Best that you be wild for your man." She could not help but add more fuel. Teasing the young woman was just so enjoyable. "He won't be able to let you go."

"Don't listen to Joanna. She's just teasing you." Louise smiled. The girl's reaction was very cute. She was at the age where it should not be so embarrassing, but it still affected her as if she was a teenager. The elder women knew very well that Mia was inexperienced, they could tell even if Mia had not told them. Her reactions and eyes told them everything. "If you want I can ask my grandson to help teach you."

"Not you too!" Mia moaned out, burying her face in her hands as she scooted away from the ladies. The elderly woman just giggled at the girl's embarrassment as they sipped their tea and snacks.

➰➰➰

"It's all set." A soprano voice informed the male. It had been a few weeks since the time at the theater. 

"Finally..."

"You sound mad. Why are you mad?"

"I'm not." He replied, but the female could tell that the male was definitely not in happy mood.

"Okay...", But she did not push it for she was much too excited for what was to come. "Are you ready?"

"I've been ready since two weeks ago." He growled.

"Good." She purred back. "You know what to do."

"Thanks Layla." He grumbled but he was still thankful.

"Tata!"

➰➰➰

"Let the games begin..." Taehyung whispered softly as he sipped on the whiskey in his hand. He looked out the window to stare at the spring night. Winter had quickly turned into spring.

He was ready.

It was time for them to play...

➰➰➰

End of Season I...

See you in Season II.