Thirthieth Cliché

Dark brown eyes peered at the scene before him. He cursed out loud, but it was unheard by the couple that held each other close at the park.

It had merely been a simple decision for him to come to where Mia lived to see what she was up to. It had been a spur of the moment, not planned.

And for the strangest reason he had been eager to arrive where she had been, not knowing whether or not she was going to be there in the first place.

But luck would have it that, Mia was there and coming out the moment he arrived on her street. He had parked and had been about the call her before a hand grabbed her and pulled her into their embrace.

Seeing that raised Taehyung's eyebrows and an uncomfortable discomfort was settled in his body. He watched as a familiar face came into his eyes and he watched as the familiar nose nuzzled and cozy up against Mia's neck and hair. The interactions between them only fueled anger in Taehyung.

By chance that he had seen Mia come out but when he saw that male hug her, Taehyung's mood turned for the worse. He drove and followed them as they walked further into the street and in the direction of a nearby park. Taehyung's voice got lower as he glared at the two figures across walking along the path. He wanted to pull that smug face off of the male who held the girl lovingly as they walked.

The looks and exchange they shared was so sweet that is was disgusting. Taehyung only wanted to barf.

He pushed the car door open and had his foot set on the concrete so he could share some of his opinions, but a thought entered his head, stopping him from moving his body entirely. He stood there frozen before he reassessed his options of moves.

Shutting the door with a gentle click, he continued to watch them from the parking lot, but he mainly focused on Mia. His eyes watched Mia who talked slowly and hesitantly as she squirmed while holding his hand. He watched like an eagle eyeing his next victim. What he saw in Mia's eyes made him feel slightly better; it had helped in calming him down.

Mia was obviously uncomfortable with the contact, because she knew that the brief happiness between them would not continue. That thought soothed the male in the car as he continued to spy on the two from afar.

No. Stop. Slow, take it slow. He calmed himself down by thinking about what Layla had said.

He also remembers something his grandmother and grandfather had said some time ago.

Calm down, don't be rash. Take it slow. She'll need time. I can't rush things.

It had only been a few days since he had struck that deal with Mia at the Lodge. Taehyung closed his eyes considering all things, since Mia would need some time to bring the subject up to Mark.

It was fine, he thought sourly. He didn't know why it felt so sour but it did. Taehyung gripped the leather wheel of his expensive black car tightly, letting the palms of his hand rub against skin and to cause friction. As they continued their walk, the spy in the car bitterly cursed colorfully before starting the car.

It roared to life just as his annoyance peaked and the broken couple kissed their lips lingering on each other. He pulled out of the parking space and into the street and drove away, leaving with only agitation in him.

"Enjoy it while you can...smile while you can while it is ephemeral..." He whispered the warning only heard by himself and the silence in the car.

➰➰➰

I know. I know. This chapter is super short. But, I'm posting the next chapter within the hour.
😚😚😚