Fourteenth Cliché

Mia looked at her phone.

No New Message

Mia let out a loud sigh as she placed her phone in between her thighs, hiding it away from view. She looked at her laptop on the small side desk of the classroom she was in. Her professor would be coming in anytime soon and needed the phone gone.

Though physically Mia was in the classroom, whether or not her mind was focused...could be debated.

She was, in fact, not on earth. Her mind was like a soul right now detached from her body as her thoughts and worries flash and fly around her. Her current worries had increased two, no three, folds.

Mia had been worried for Jenny. It had been some time since Mia had heard from her. The only thing she had heard was that she had pulled herself out of all her classes and officially notified the school of her absence.

The three week break had turned into something indefinite and that was worrisome. Soon classes for the next semester would be available which meant that classes application would also come. Mia had always created her schedule with Jenny and having her gone was throwing her all off.

Mia was fine with her taking a break. That was not the problem nor the cause of Mia's nervousness. Mia was nervous because of Jenny had gone awol even with her.

That wasn't the only thing Mia was worried about...no.

➰➰➰

❤️MARK❤️

Thursday, Nov. 18 6:32 PM

Mark?

Read 6:35

Sunday, Nov. 21 1:14 PM

Babe? Guess what? There is this pizza place that's new!
Let's go! You love deep dish pizza!
Shall we go? This Wednesday for dinner?

...sure

Yeah...

Wednesday, Nov. 24 4:37 PM

Lets cancel today.

The date? 😱☹️😖Why?

I feel sick. I just need to rest.

Is it bad?? Do you want me to go?

NO
No.
I'll be fine.
Just need sleep
Sleep
Will see you soon.
Night.

Today 3:21 PM

Mark I didn't see you in class today...again.
I told the professor you had to go home.
Where were you?

Read 3: 24 PM

➰➰➰

She was now also worried for her own boyfriend. For some reason, Mark was either avoiding her, lost his phone or himself, or was ignoring her. Either of those possibilities was daunting.

Mia didn't want any of the three to be true.

Mia at first had thought that Mark had been busy or he had things that came up. That was understandable, something that happens to anyone. It would not be hard to accept.

Unlike that, it did not seem to be that case for Mark. He had canceled four dates so far and missed several classes without any excuse or explanation.