Twenty-Ninth Cliché

"Are you really going to go through this?" Jungkook asked Mia softly as they made their way out of the Lodge.

"It's not like I have a choice." Mia bitterly said as she walked out into the open.

"Mia are you going to tell him now?" Jungkook continued to press for more. He wanted to know what she was planning because at this point all hell could break loose.

"No." She sighed as they reached the infirmary. She looked at Jungkook knowingly what she had gotten into and would now have to follow through. "I will, just not now. Not yet. He needs to to rest."

"It'll be better to tell him sooner Mia." Jungkook said with concern for Mia, who sadly smiled.

"I know." She paused. Her eyes were now glued to whatever was in front of her. "Just-not right now."

"Taehyung, he's not..." Jungkook stopped when he saw Mia's expression.

"Please." Mia begged. "Not now, can we please stop talking about him?"

Mia could not help it. Taehyung scared her. As much as she disliked him and how much he annoyed her. She couldn't bear to have the people around her get hurt because of her pride. Taehyung had the upper hand and Mia knew that.

"Okay." Jungkook agreed as they went inside the infirmary. He wasn't able to push away the uneasiness he felt in the pit of his stomach but he stayed silent for Mia.

She had a lot of things to worry about now.

➰➰➰

Mia sat in the uncomfortable chair next to the infirmary bed. Her body language explained and exuded what she was feeling and what her thoughts were. She wasn't alone though with Mark.

Jungkook was there watching Mia just stare at Mark. After thirty minutes of waiting, Jungkook wanted to take her home. It was past 6 pm and she was still sitting in the rickety metal chair just waiting for Mark to wake up.

Jungkook stared at the two, worry etched into his perfect face. The outcome that he had been worried about had come. And he had absolutely no idea how to accept and deal with it. He wondered if it was worse for Mia.

He considered many times to just leave her to stay at the infirmary but it didn't settle right in his head. It would have been wrong for him to leave her here. He didn't like Mark but he cared for Mia. Jungkook could see Mia spending the whole night watching and waiting for Mark to wake up. And in the case that Taehyung came in and saw what was in front of him right now...it was bad.

"Mia..." He said once more, it had probably been the eighth times since he had called out to her.

"What?" She snapped at him and though Jungkook would have been angry at her for being so snappy, he couldn't blame her at this point. In addition, Mia had finally replied. She kept her eyes on the sleeping Mark.

"We should go." Jungkook watched the clock arms move.

"I can't leave him here." Mia could not help the water that coiled up in her eyes.

"Yes, but you also can't stay here. Nor can you drag him to his house by yourself." Jungkook sighed as he leaned against the doorway.

It wasn't that he did not understand. He knew why she was worried. She knew what she was going to have to do. He knew that she was not even sure what she had gotten involved in.

"He'll be safe here and you know the infirmary is 24/7, when he's ready to awake, he will." Jungkook pressed as he pushed himself into the room to stand next to Mia. He was slightly losing his patience. He wanted her out of this dreary place because memories from the past was too vivid.

"But..." Mia could not pull her eyes away from Mark.

"No buts..." His strong fingers grabbed her shoulders to help her up. She attempted to squeeze herself out of his grip but Mia was unable to fight against the muscled male. "Come on Mia, I'll take you home.

"Fine, but I want to say goodbye." She whined forcing her friend to stop. Defeated, he sighed and waited for her. Leaning forward, Jungkook could hear Mia whisper, "Everything is going to be fine."

Jungkook could not help but feel that everything was not going to be fine though.

For Mark at least...but he kept that to himself because the last thing Mia needed was for her to worry about his vibes.

➰➰➰

Later that night, Mia received a call that made her heart tighten and hurt.

"Hello?" Mia answered softly. The caller could hear the excitement that was devoid in her usual voice. "Mark?"

Mia kept biting her lips as she sat on her sofa, her mind endlessly going to Taehyung.

"Mia." Mark seeked a stronger response from her.

He had not felt right. Since he woke up three hours ago, all he had thought about was to call Mia, to hear her voice.

The last thing he remembered before blacking our was Mia's screams. They had been desperate and sad. He needed to hear the worry in Mia's voice gone.

"What's wrong?" He pressed.

"Nothing." Mia tore her chapped lips and blood began to flow as the pain throbbed. "Are you home? Did you get to the hospital?"

"I'm home. I didn't go to the hospital." Mark said through the phone.

"Why?" Mia nervously asked. "You could have a concussion, Mark!"

"Mia calm down, I am fine. I will go to the hospital if I have a headache tomorrow. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself for once." He said softly. He did not like the tremble in Mia's voice. It made him nervous as if it was confirming the bad premonitions that he was recently having.

"Mark...I'm sorry."

"About what?" He whispered out, his voice smooth.

"Just...everything. I'm sorry about everything." Words were stuck in her throat. She could not swallow it in but she also could not spit it out into the thin air.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything." Somehow his words of comfort only made Mia feel worse. It's beautiful smooth voice seemed to only make her suffer but it wasn't his fault. "Mia...what's wrong?"

"Nothing." Mia choked out, her throat hurting. Mia sat on her bed, her shoulders slumped without energy. "Nothing is wrong. Mark you have to take care of yourself."

"Mia...I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied to you but I won't let anyone hurt you anymore. I won't let myself get hurt anymore—for you. So...please, babe, don't cry." Mark could hear her swallow her cries. He knew his girlfriend enough that he knew that there was something wrong.

"I'm not." Mia said but it was true. Her tears were frozen unable to flow from her tear ducts. "Mark?"

"Yes." Mark answered. He didn't like the way Mia called out to him. He didn't like how distant she sounded, as if she was giving up.

"Please don't let me go..."

"I won't, Mia. I won't." He reassured her, not knowing what was to come for the both of them.

"I know you won't."

"Baby...you have to sleep. I'll let you go, don't let what happened today get you down. I'm stronger than I look."

"Okay." Mia replied, and as she said goodbye, the phone hung up, allowing the silence of her room to fill the space. The only noise that filled her studio was the sound of the clock clicking. Her eyes shut closed as extreme tiredness over took her.

Both could not know what the future held for them.