Seventeenth Cliché | Jungkook

Mark was studying, his nose in a book as he attempted to finish the paper he was writing.

I sighed as I slowly trudged up to him. He had another cut on his lip—from who knows where.

He did something alright to help Mia but it wasn't something commendable. Not in my opinion.

He glanced at me for a second before taking his eyes back to his laptop to continue his paper.

I didn't take a seat but just stood near the table, waiting for him. I didn't want to be seen near him either.

There was the issue with Mia but mainly...it was because of Taehyung. Me socializing with Mark may have a negative impact on Mia and I didn't want that. She was sporting enough bruises for now that was slowly healing. Too slowly in my opinion.

"What do you want, Jungkook?" Mark said finally. I guessed he got annoyed from me hovering. I could tell from his tone.

"What do you think?" I asked. "What are you doing?"

"What do you think?" He said annoyed.

"That's not what I'm talking about." I rolled my eyes st him. I didn't deserve this bs from him. "I told you to help Mia not get bullied yourself."

Seriously was this his solution? Because if it was, it was lame and useless. Mia was still going to get hurt.

"Shut up." Mark hissed. "As long as Taehyung stops the rest from touching Mia. I'll deal with my own problems myself."

"No wonder Taehyung was so willing to halt everything on Mia. He's even left a protection order thing on her. I knew it was too soon, too good to be true that Taehyung would forgive her."

"He did it because he has a new target. Me." Mark says, pulling the sweater over his head. "And I'm fine with that."

My eyes looked around the floor to see if there were anyone else looking or if anyone was eavesdropping.

"Fine. That's something I can't say against. But then...why are you avoiding Mia?" He gave me a look. His lips pressed together as he considered what I had said. "Well?" I asked. "What's the reason for you avoiding her?"

"Why do you care?" He asked cautiously.

"Because it's Mia. Mia was distracted and sad. In fact she fell twice because of you." I groaned.

"Stay out of this, Jungkook." Mark looked at me with tired eyes. It wasn't that I didn't understand. Mark was doing what he could do to keep Mia from getting bullied or preyed on. I didn't like the methods but since it was working; there wasn't much for me to argue against it. "That was part of the deal."

I paused as Mark's words settled in my brain. Deal?

"What deal? With who?" I questioned, dreading what the answer would be.

"Who do you think?" Mark's eyes narrowed, his tone annoyed.

"You didn't...you did. Shit." I turned around and left Mark in peace. There was nothing more to say to him.

I knew.

He already knew that I knew.

I knew that I had already known.

But in the sheer chance of it being different, I had gone to double check.

Mark was beginning to distance himself from Mia. Mia was standing alone now. Jenny was gone to who knows where and now Mark is being forced to keep his distance. Somehow I had a feeling Taehyung hyung had a hand in Jenny's break from this semester.

I went back to the lodge. Everyone was there, which was not strange.

Something that he saw please Taehyung.

=