Second Cliché

Jenny shook her head as the two love birds walked away from her. They had class to attend to which is why Mark had come to usher Mia away from the rooftop. Still Jenny could not help but be happy for them.

Mia had been dating Mark for over a year. It was reaching their 18th month in a week. Mia had met Mark in late February. Though for Mark it was slightly different.

They had met in class they had together that freshman year. For Mark, he had saw her and was incredibly and was promptly afflicted by a case of love at first sight. Sadly he never had the chance or courage to outright flirt with her. By the grace of a heavenly being, Mark had been given a chnace to know the sassy and chic beauty that always sat in the edge sit in the middle row.

Thinking even now he considered being dumped green tea latte all over his body to be lucky. Class had ended and he had not even had a glimpse of his mysterious crush and he had forgotten to submit his paper in time and would not receive fullmarks. And when he felt the cold green drink drip and seep into his hair and clothes, he had fisted his hands and cracked his neck as stress was piling and his mood worsening with every passing second.

He had almost lost his temper then and there, as Mark had a fight with his father in the morning about his future as heir to the family's toy company. He had been about to snap at whoever it was as he was on the edge of a cliff from before, but when he turned around to see Mia's shocked and extremely red face, his voice had croaked as he gaped at the beauty whose hair was tied tightly in a high pony tail.

Mia stood there behind him frozen as her favorite drink was being drunk by a fellow student's sweater. She gulped as she saw his tense muscles and muttered a curse under her breath as the male student had cracked his neck. It was very hot but intimidating since she was in the wrong.

"You-!" Mia waited for him to scream, getting ready to flinch.

It was a good thing that she sat at the last seats on the edge because if not, there would be traffic behind her. She was also glad that she had gotten a seat near the front, which she did not like to sit at...but she had been late to class and had no choice.

Now, Mia was not the type to get easily intimidated or scared, but this was entirely her fault that Mia really had no say in anything. If the victim got mad, shouted or even demanded money and a fight she would have no choice but to comply, since that was her personality to do so. Mia stood still as she bit her lips nervously standing there behind him.

When he stood up after seeing her, he did not say anything but gape at her. Mia seeing this rushed out of the row to come face to face with male who had been sitting in the front row. The professor of Business 1001 had long been gone and now it was only the brown haired male and Mia.

"I am so sorry." Mia finally said as she reached for his sweater.

"I-I'm Mark!" He stuttered as he pushed his right hand out toward Mia, forgetting that he was dripping green tea latte.

Mia looked at his face and then his hand twice before grabbing the hand. He gripped it firmly as he shook her small hand.

"Hi, my name is Mia." Mark had watched Mia as she nervously fiddled with her fingers as they stood in front of each other. "Mark, I really am sorry about the latte fallling on you. It wasn't on purpose."

"I understand." Mark nodded happily. He shook his head internally as he scolded himself for being so awkward and strange. "It's a mistake. No big deal."

"Is there anything I can do? I will pay for a new sweater, or the dry cleaning or..." Mia looked at the green liquid that was now smeared on tan sweater that Mark wore.

"A date?" Mark had blurted it out without meaning to, even if he had thought it.

"What?" Mia stammered as she took a step back at the sudden blitz attack. She had not expected it not when she had just dumped a green colored drink on a stranger.

"Oh," Mark stopped himself as he realized that he was being creepy. "Uhm...well...you see. I'm sorry. This is probably sudden. You don't have to do anything. Please forget about what I just asked." Mark saddened turned to grab his things and his grey wool coat. "I'll just leave." He regretted just randomly blurting out his confession to Mia, not that he had told her he was in love or somthing but still, a date...

"Wait!" Mark turned to see Mia who took a step forward him. "I want to say yes." She said replying to his question.

"What?" Mark was confused and it showed obviously on his face. Mia noticed how pure, and forward he was. It was refreshing and he was cute.

"Your date, I want to take it. But let me be the one to buy you dinner or something." Mia smiled as she pulled out her phone to hand to the male that stood with a happy grin at her words. "To make it up for your sweater? Let me have your number."

Taking her phone, he added his number. "Are you sure? I mean it would be an honor for me but you don't have to force yourself."

"I'm not." Mia laughed lightly which made Mark's stomach fall. He attempted to record her laughter in his mind. "I think the one being forced is you."

"Huh?" Mark blushed as he realized that Mia was mentioning how tense he was. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's just I've liked you since the first day of class." His honesty made Mia go slightly pink and it made Mark gleeful. Caressing her flushed cheek with his thumb, "You're beautiful, you know."

"I don't always dress like this. Or wear make up." Mia admitted.

"I know...but that's not why you're beautiful." Mark's thumb travelled up to touch her soft pink lips. He couldn't stop staring at them. He was too mesmerized to recognize that he was sensually touching her lips with his tongue.

"Mia!" Mark turned to see who had called Mia's name and so loudly.

"Jenny, there's no need to shout." Mia groaned as she smiled at Mark. She walked past him, "I'll be expecting a call from you." She paused when she was a step away from tall boy. Going back, Mia quickly pecked his cheek, then quickly ran away to meet her new slender best friend.

After Mia had left, Mark stood there for another minute before giggling. He couldn't help it. He was just so giddy. The day had turned into the best day after. He had talked to his crush and even had gotten a date promise and a kiss. He was so blissfully happy.

Grabbing his coat, he grabbed his bag and headed out ignoring and forgetting the fact that his tan sweater was coated with green liquid. He did not care for the stares he received because nothing could ruin the day for him.

A few weeks later, in March, Mark and Mia had begun dating.